• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Closed NO DEPOSIT FORUM FREE TO ENTER '2020 EASTER' CONTEST - $50 PRIZE - CLOSES 4-14-20

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
Easter Contest 2020.gif

Mben

Staff member
Our Easter contest closes tomorrow at 12:30 PM EDT. Enter while you still can!

Reactions: dji420

robsspot3131

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Ok, so I'm pretty sure that my count is correct, but I also understand why alot of participants are picking 69 (jus can't say at the moment).
So, then number of eggs is 68.
My 4 digit #: 5149

Reactions: dji420 and Mben

Mben

Staff member
CONGRATS EASTER.gif

CONGRATULATIONS TO ... helwin !
(Lucky Pick 5153)

:bigclap:

:dollarsign:
Enjoy your prize!:dollarsign:

There are 68 eggs in the picture.
(They were counted twice by me, and once by dji420, so 68 stands.)

FL State PICK 4 Midday Lotto #'s
9-2-4-5

robsspot3131

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Tell me please. Because I was wondering why so many said 69.

Well, b/c of my competitiveness (and nerdness), I decided to analyze the photo after printing on high gloss photo paper. Then, I used a 25X magnifying glass. Pretty common things to have around the house, 'eh? When looking at the photo thru 3 enhancements like I did (I also enlarged the photo prior to printing), then looking at the photo in this forum, you see a minimum of 2 "discrepancies". I call them "blurs".
1. The 3 clumped eggs on the far, upper right-hand side of the photo could possibly be seen as 4 eggs, with a "blur" in between the middle egg and far-right egg.
2. The, most likely, culprit for so many getting 69 as their count, is due to the clump of 2 eggs in the far, upper left-hand side of the photo. Because these eggs are painted to show a white line down the center, it can/does appear that their is a 3rd egg in this clump, sitting at the 11 o'clock position of the egg on the right (in a non-enhanced photo). The aforementioned "white line" can be misconstrued as a dividing shape line of another egg (which isn't actually there).
When the photo is enhanced, it is easy to see that neither of these "blurs" are actually another egg. But, I can certainly see how, with just using the forum photo, that 1, or both, of these areas could have been miscounted. I think I even came up w/69 prior to enhancement.
Make sense? See what this quarantine is doing to me.......?!?!

Mben

Staff member
Well, b/c of my competitiveness (and nerdness), I decided to analyze the photo after printing on high gloss photo paper. Then, I used a 25X magnifying glass. Pretty common things to have around the house, 'eh? When looking at the photo thru 3 enhancements like I did (I also enlarged the photo prior to printing), then looking at the photo in this forum, you see a minimum of 2 "discrepancies". I call them "blurs".
1. The 3 clumped eggs on the far, upper right-hand side of the photo could possibly be seen as 4 eggs, with a "blur" in between the middle egg and far-right egg.
2. The, most likely, culprit for so many getting 69 as their count, is due to the clump of 2 eggs in the far, upper left-hand side of the photo. Because these eggs are painted to show a white line down the center, it can/does appear that their is a 3rd egg in this clump, sitting at the 11 o'clock position of the egg on the right (in a non-enhanced photo). The aforementioned "white line" can be misconstrued as a dividing shape line of another egg (which isn't actually there).
When the photo is enhanced, it is easy to see that neither of these "blurs" are actually another egg. But, I can certainly see how, with just using the forum photo, that 1, or both, of these areas could have been miscounted. I think I even came up w/69 prior to enhancement.
Make sense? See what this quarantine is doing to me.......?!?!
I do see what it's doing to you! bahaha!

That was so CSI like. I'm almost embarrassed to tell you how I counted. and made sure of what I was counting, what was an actual egg, etc. I'll show you instead.

This pic is from another count I did this morning to make absolutely sure, making it the third time I counted 68 eggs.

count.jpg

I literally erased an egg one at a time and counted as I was erasing. My CSI skills were done in Photoshop. lol

robsspot3131

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I do see what it's doing to you! bahaha!

That was so CSI like. I'm almost embarrassed to tell you how I counted. and made sure of what I was counting, what was an actual egg, etc. I'll show you instead.

This pic is from another count I did this morning to make absolutely sure, making it the third time I counted 68 eggs.

View attachment 20769

I literally erased an egg one at a time and counted as I was erasing. My CSI skills were done in Photoshop. lol

Well, that is actually an awesome way to do it, and a whole lot less time consuming. Also, no expensive photo paper was used, so more economical to do it your way as well. It can be said that I actually lost money on this free contest, considering the photo paper used, and the time spent investigating....:bonk: But, I still had fun doing it, and once the egg count was confirmed at 68, I had nearly a 52% chance of beating helwin for the money. That's great odds for a head-to-head, push skill contest. :thumb: Happy for helwin, tho!

Reactions: dji420 and Mben

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
face699