• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Closed NO DEPOSIT FORUM FREE TO ENTER '2021 THANKSGIVING' CONTEST - $50 PRIZE - CLOSES 11-30-21

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
2021 Thanksgiving Contest.gif

Mben

Staff member
I'll start this one off...

My favorites are the turkey, mashed potatoes & gravy, my family's tradition of steamed broccoli with our special broccoli sauce, and another tradition Funny Cake for dessert. I have to have Funny Cake. (Penn Dutch dessert)

My least favorite dishes are green bean casserole and yams.

My favorites are the turkey, mashed potatoes & gravy, my family's tradition of steamed broccoli with our special broccoli sauce, and another tradition Funny Cake for dessert. I have to have Funny Cake. (Penn Dutch dessert)

My least favorite dishes are green bean casserole and yams

Reactions: Mben

Mben

Staff member

My least favorite dishes are green bean casserole and yams
Are you entering the contest, Drizzydrake365?

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
Time for me to retell my favorite Thanksgiving story :thumb:

About 20 years ago, my wife and I tired of the "in-law wars" - who we would have actual Thanksgiving dinner with, so we "punted" and decided to go to Club Med Ixtapa for Thanksgiving week. We arrived on Saturday prior to Thanksgiving and stayed for the entire week. A great time was had by all - until Thursday dinnertime arrived. Now, let's remember that we are in a French owned resort in Mexico - what do they know about Thanksgiving in America? The "village" (as they call it ) had probably 600 Americans out of the 750 guests there. The French head chef proudly came out prior to dinner on Thursday night to announce that he had researched the American Thanksgiving and, as a result, had prepared a proper feast to celebrate the holiday. He discovered that turkey was the prime requirement for a proper Thanksgiving feast, so as a result, he had prepared turkey for the Americans...

ONE turkey for 650 Americans! They almost had a riot on their hands - I was literally rolling on the floor laughing so hard that I couldn't breathe! We ended up having spaghetti and local fish for our Thanksgiving feast - and it has been part of of our "tradition" ever since!

For the record, I am not a big fan of turkey....

Let's try 4444 for the 4,444th time :roll:

Last edited:
  • Love

cat034

KITTY CAT 034
I love to eat desserts. My fav is cheese cake. I hate squash. Anything with squash makes me gag .2426 lucky pick. Thanks so much :beard:

• Love

helwin

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I love stuffing cooked in the turkey, but don't like the heart cut up in there. Gizzards and liver ok. My grandmother and mom would make from the rest of turkey afterwards an Armenian dish cooked and baked all buttery, with barley and cumin And creamed turkey with peas and with toast. I don't know if leftovers count but they were always the best, and so much less messy as it was at fuirst cooking everything.
If I may 6666

• Love

BKO777

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Stuffing is always my favorite, only I don't like liver in it. So stuffing without the liver please...

Pick 4581

• Love

Mben

Staff member
Thanks for entering, everyone!

And yes, no vital organs in the stuffing please! LOL

slotgal47

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
My favorites are stuffing or dressing and I always have to have banana pudding while I eat it, my mom did that and I got hooked. Anyway also, green beans and mashed potatoes or baked candied yams and cherry dump cake. Least favorite is turkey, not into turkey like that.

• Love

herlis

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
My favorites are mostly what my mom cooks i really her oven cooked chicken with stuffed potatoes and also I like the roast pig as always.

• Love

Mben

Staff member
Our FREE TO ENTER Thanksgiving contest closes on Tuesday, 11/30/21 at 12:30 PM EST. Enter now while you can!

Mben

Staff member
thx winner.gif

:bigclap:CONGRATULATIONS TO... SLOTGAL47 !:maddance:
(3467)

:dollarsign: Enjoy your prize!:thanks2:

FL State PICK 4 Midday Lotto Number

3-7-9-0

Reactions: slotgal47

Forum statistics

Threads