• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Banning Members With Duplicate IPs

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
I am not sure why we have had a slew of new members sign up and come to find out they are using the same IP address with the same MO ... posting in the introduce yourself thread, and other misc threads with no gambling posts made whatsoever.

I have banned and deleted accounts I have found that are using the same IP address with the same MO. I know there are members here who are related and live in the same house, hence the same IP. It's the new members I am targeting.

When new members are logging in from the same IP, and then act like they don't know each other on the forums, it raises an eyebrow.

Am I jumping the gun or is it getting old? I probably wouldn't have a problem with it if they contributed to the forum with what we are all really here for ... online gambling.

Seasoned members let me know your thoughts please. I have an itchy ban finger, but will listen to you and your opinions about the matter. Thanks!

Reactions: PMM

PMM

I don't understand the motive behind it I guess. Why would a member need more than one account? Why would someone want to be a member if they have no knowledge of gambling online?

Mben & I fight to have enough time to get it all done, everything we want to do for our members is always a driving force here at our forum. The duplicate members fill up the forum with useless info, and it takes time to not only sort thru it, but delete it and ban members.
I am not speaking of good members that only stop in once in a while. We appreciate all our members. However, I believe these members that are making accounts just to make another account and pull old threads from 2012 to respond know who they are.

I know other contributing members, as well as our guests come here to read, learn and contribute when possible.

These new members do not have any of that in mind, in my opinion.

chillymellow

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Why, oh why, are they here?

Are they spammers, or think they will flood the site with ANY posts of codes for monetary gain? Are they here to steal codes to post elsewhere for the same purpose while chatting everyone up like our new best friend?

Perhaps new members could be limited only to the new member section or a new similar section for x amount of days for posting? Let them play around for a few days to see what's up...

Newbies playground?

Reactions: Mben

chillymellow

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
[QUOTE="PMM, post: 58845555, member: 2186064"

I am not speaking of good members that only stop in once in a while. We appreciate all our members. [/QUOTE]

...You mean me?

I appreciate your tolerance with some of my posts! Like the long one I wrote and somehow all that posted was "There's a man in a box".

PMM

Newbies playground!! I like it.

We welcome everyone here to the forum, and always are hopeful that with each new member we can increase our knowledge of this business and its pitfalls.

It is hard to filter out people because perhaps a good member would be lost, but I do like your idea chillymellow, very good ideas indeed.

chillymellow

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Newbies playground!! I like it.

We welcome everyone here to the forum, and always are hopeful that with each new member we can increase our knowledge of this business and its pitfalls.

It is hard to filter out people because perhaps a good member would be lost, but I do like your idea chillymellow, very good ideas indeed.

If there are pitfalls to be discovered, you will probably find I have been there done that. Pits are full of those "chillymellow was here" signs.

:facepalm:. :yes:

chillymellow

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I sure do hope some contests are in the future chillymellow!! I miss them too.

OK... A little goes a long way, maybe some $5 gift cards for shopping or food could be tossed out randomly for some kind of participation someday. Hint hint. Only for members that have been here at least a month or so! Funny, I just saw my first banned member profile notice. It was like an UNwanted Poster. Picture, name, and then 'banned' where 'new member' once appeared. It was awesome!

Reactions: Mben and PMM

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
That was at the hands of Belgamo and me leaving in between my time here. Totally not what I was referring to.

Oh, I know that you were innocent. I was just having a little fun at your expense :thumb:

(If you look closely, you can find another username that I used to anonymize another post that I posted - but I only used it once...)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdamClarson