• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Debate on the state of The NFL today

Mikey7a

PHINSFAN NUMERO UNO
Those who know me here, and anyone that sees my Avatar, probably realizes that I am a bit of a football Fanatic.  That said, it is my opinion, that The NFL is in need of a complete make over, concerning player behavior. Just in the last week alone, we have this animal, Ray Rice knocking his then fiance unconscious, then dragging her limp body out of an elevator. Also, Super Star Running Back, Adrian Peterson, beat his son severely with a switch! Before anyone says they were spanked etc, so was I, but not to the point of drawing blood, ok?I'm old enough to know, that Pro athletes have always been coddled from an early age, as those in power realize that there are Billions to be made. Partying a little too much, who hasn't? What I'm saying, is these professional athletes should have to adhere to a higher standard. After all, they ARE getting paid ridiculous amounts of money. With the fame and fortune, should also come a responsibility to try to be a good role model for the kids who Idolize them. Anyway, these are my personal thoughts, I'd love to here what others think about all this going on. Heck, maybe I'm just becoming  a grumpy old man, but right and wrong, is learned from childhood. 

slotgal47

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Yes I agree Mikey. The ones who are doing this or the ones who have these problems need to be put in counseling at least. There are going to be people who have these problems and the money and power or should I say power head just adds to the situation. So I say if you can't get yourself together you need to go. And you are right they are role models so they need to clean up their act.

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Well put. These guys are children's heroes, people our children want to grow up and be. Our children deserve better heroes.

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
Fame, fortune, money and idolizing makes some people think they are untouchable and can do whatever they want! Athletes, movie stars, politicians, big corporation owners, etc. "
The sad part is that we, the fans, have contributed to their behavior in some way. Not directly but indirectly."
That's my opinion.

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
You can take the thugs out of the 'hood, but you cant take the 'hood out of the thugs....