• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Delicious, Can I Have the Recipe?

PMM

Hi gang:

Was hoping to get some unique recipes from other members for the Holiday season. These do not have to be limited to just food, as I am interested in beverages as well.

Does anyone have a Holiday favorite that they make or love to have at this time of year? Would appreciate you sharing the recipe.

Thanks.

Reactions: Sookie

PMM

Let me start this off with a favorite of mine....Long Island Iced Tea. These are a potent drink, kinda like gasoline actually, but yet delicious. LOL Always drink in moderation. (especially these.)

Ice
1 parts vodka
1 part gin
I part white rum
1 part white tequila
1/2 part triple sec
1/2 part sour mix
1 splash Coca- Cola
Lemon wedges for garnish.

Down the hatch.....

PMM

28227.jpg

Spicy Gingerbread Men

Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 10 Minutes
Makes 2 1/2 dozen

1/2 Cup margarine
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup molasses
1 egg yolk
2 cups sifted all purpose flour
1/2 cup teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg​

1. In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and sugar until smooth. Stir in molasses and egg yolk. Combine the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg; blend into the molasses mixture until smooth. Cover, and chill for at least one hour.
  2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters. Place cookies 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
  3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until firm. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks. Frost or decorate when cool.
  4. Enjoy!

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Holiday Drink…Freeze coffee as ice cubes and toss in a cup of Baileys and Vanilla Vodka!

Reactions: PMM

PMM

NO Christmas is complete without this awesome recipe....

Christmas Cake Recipe
Ingredients
  • 1 cup of water
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 cup of sugar
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup of brown sugar
  • lemon juice
  • 4 large eggs
  • nuts
  • 2 cups of dried fruit
  • 1 bottle Johnnie Walker
Instructions
  1. Sample the Johnnie Walker to check quality.
  2. Take a large bowl, check the whisky again. To be sure it is the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink.
  3. Repeat.
  4. Turn on the electric mixer. Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl.
  5. Add one teaspoon of sugar. Beat again.
  6. Make sure the whisky is still OK. Try another cup.
  7. Turn off the mixerer.
  8. Break 2 leggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit.
  9. Mix on the turner.
  10. If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers pry it loose with a drewscriver.
  11. Sample the whisky to check for tonsisticity.
  12. Next, sift two cups of salt. Or something. Who giveshz a shit.
  13. Check the whisky. Now sift the lemon juice and strain your nuts.
  14. Add one table.
  15. Add a spoon of sugar, or something. Whatever you can find.
  16. Greash the oven and piss in the fridge.
  17. Turn the cake tin 350 defrees.
  18. Don't forget to beat off the turner.
  19. Throw the bowl through the f**king window.
  20. Check the whisky again and go to bed.

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
NO Christmas is complete without this awesome recipe....

Christmas Cake Recipe
Ingredients
  • 1 cup of water
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 cup of sugar
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup of brown sugar
  • lemon juice
  • 4 large eggs
  • nuts
  • 2 cups of dried fruit
  • 1 bottle Johnnie Walker
Instructions
  1. Sample the Johnnie Walker to check quality.
  2. Take a large bowl, check the whisky again. To be sure it is the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink.
  3. Repeat.
  4. Turn on the electric mixer. Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl.
  5. Add one teaspoon of sugar. Beat again.
  6. Make sure the whisky is still OK. Try another cup.
  7. Turn off the mixerer.
  8. Break 2 leggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit.
  9. Mix on the turner.
  10. If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers pry it loose with a drewscriver.
  11. Sample the whisky to check for tonsisticity.
  12. Next, sift two cups of salt. Or something. Who giveshz a shit.
  13. Check the whisky. Now sift the lemon juice and strain your nuts.
  14. Add one table.
  15. Add a spoon of sugar, or something. Whatever you can find.
  16. Greash the oven and piss in the fridge.
  17. Turn the cake tin 350 defrees.
  18. Don't forget to beat off the turner.
  19. Throw the bowl through the f**king window.
  20. Check the whisky again and go to bed.
Ooooh! I can't wait to make this! :p

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
Here's something I'd like to try! (and I mean eat, not make. hahaha)

shot.png

Ingredients:
* 1 and 1/3 cup ginger ale
* 2 envelopes plain gelatin
* 2/3 cup Fireball Whisky
* A few drops of red food coloring
* Any brand of Buttercream frosting (Optional)

Directions:
* Lightly spray cupcake molds with non-stick spray
* Pour ginger ale into a medium saucepan and sprinkle in gelatin – allow to soak for 2-3 minutes
* Heat on low, stirring constantly until gelatin is fully dissolved (about 5 minutes)
* Remove saucepan from heat and stir in the whisky and a few drops of red food coloring. Pour into molds and chill for several hours until set
* Mix some Fireball into frosting and top off shots

Makes 30 Jello Shots

Reactions: PMM and Sookie

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Here's something I'd like to try! (and I mean eat, not make. hahaha)

View attachment 184

Ingredients:
* 1 and 1/3 cup ginger ale
* 2 envelopes plain gelatin
* 2/3 cup Fireball Whisky
* A few drops of red food coloring
* Any brand of Buttercream frosting (Optional)

Directions:
* Lightly spray cupcake molds with non-stick spray
* Pour ginger ale into a medium saucepan and sprinkle in gelatin – allow to soak for 2-3 minutes
* Heat on low, stirring constantly until gelatin is fully dissolved (about 5 minutes)
* Remove saucepan from heat and stir in the whisky and a few drops of red food coloring. Pour into molds and chill for several hours until set
* Mix some Fireball into frosting and top off shots

Makes 30 Jello Shots
Yes, yes, yes YESSSSS!

Reactions: Mben

PMM

"Old Fashioned Rock Candy Recipe"

2 cups white sugar
1 cup water
3/4 cup light corn syrup
1 fluid dram flavoring of your choice. ( you can buy these flavorings all over the place this time of year, even Walmart.)
1 drop food coloring
Powered Sugar for dusting candy when cool.

1. In a heavy 2 quart saucepan, combine the sugar, water and corn syrup. Cook, stirring constantly until the sugar is dissolved; then cook without stirring, lowering the heat and cooking more slowly during the last few minutes, to the hard crack stage (300 degrees F), If sugar crystals form on sides of pan, wipe them off with a damp brush.
  2. Remove from heat, add oil flavoring and enough food coloring to color; stir only to mix. Pour into 2 well buttered 9 inch pans. Set one pan of candy over a sauce pan containing hot water (unless you have a helper to help cut the candy). As soon as the other pan of candy is cool enough to handle, cut it with scissors into 1-inch strips. Then snip the strips into pieces. Work fast. Drop the pieces onto a buttered baking sheet. If the candy cools too quickly, set it on a saucepan over hot water to soften it, but if it gets sticky, return at once to the work counter.
  3. Toss in a small amount of powdered sugar to keep from sticking together. Repeat with the second pan of candy

I make this every year. Would like to believe mine is some of the best around as I have been making it so long.
At this moment I am giving it away to the mail man, gas man, meter woman, UPS man, Sisters, Brother, Aunts, Uncles, etc etc. I have tons. A candy this good goes quickly, but I think I over did it this year. LOL

If it wasn't so expensive to ship...I'd be mailing it out to people too.

Anyways, enjoy. If you want to try to tackle this recipe, and I can be of any help, give me a message.

Pam

Reactions: Sookie and Mben

PMM

Classic Sugar Cookies-Yummy.

images

Ingredients

1 1/2
cups powdered sugar
cup butter or margarine, softened
teaspoon vanilla
1/2
teaspoon almond extract
egg
2 1/2
cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
teaspoon baking soda
teaspoon cream of tartar
Granulated sugar or colored sugar

Directions

• 1Mix powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, almond extract and egg in large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients except granulated sugar. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
    • 2Heat oven to 375ºF. Lightly grease cookie sheet.
    • 3Divide dough in half. Roll each half 1/4 inch thick on lightly floured surface. Cut into desired shapes with 2- to 2 1/2-inch cookie cutters. Sprinkle with granulated sugar. Place on cookie sheet.
    • 4Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Make Your Own Candy Canes

f4328c901e776d13074397383b202346374f9543.jpg

Candy Canes
Makes about 12

Who doesn’t love candy canes? These say Christmas more than any other candy, and no Christmas stocking or gift is complete without one. Once you’ve become skilled at making candy canes, you could try adding in a third color twist—now that would really impress Santa!

Sunflower oil, for greasing
1 cup superfine sugar
2 tablespoons liquid glucose
½ teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
Red food-coloring paste

Equipment: Sugar thermometer

Store: Candy canes are best served no more than 1–2 days after making. They should be individually wrapped in cellophane and stored in a cool, dry place.

Preheat the oven to 250°F.

Prepare your equipment and measure all of the ingredients before you begin, because once the sugar is boiling you will need to work quickly. Cover 2 baking sheets with nonstick parchment paper and grease the paper well with sunflower oil. Grease an offset spatula and some kitchen scissors with oil, too.

Combine the sugar, liquid glucose, cream of tartar, and 1⁄3 cup water in a small to medium-sized, heavy-bottomed saucepan and bring slowly to a boil, stirring frequently to completely dissolve the sugar. Pop the sugar thermometer into the pan. Continue to boil over medium heat for about 5 minutes until the syrup reaches 300°F. Do not be tempted to walk away from the pan or do anything else while the sugar is coming up to temperature—it can easily and quickly go over and above the required heat. As soon as the syrup comes to temperature, working quickly, remove the pan from the heat, add the peppermint extract, and mix to combine.

Divide the syrup evenly between the prepared baking sheets, add a tiny drop of red food coloring to one sheet, and leave both to cool for about 1 minute or until a light skin has formed on the top. Working on one sheet at a time and starting with the plain syrup, use the greased offset spatula to lift the edges of the syrup up and over and back on itself until it cools, thickens, and becomes tacky. Once it is cool enough to handle, quickly gather the candy in your hands and pull it into a thick rope, twisting it back on itself and pulling it back into a rope again. Repeat this pulling and twisting until the rope starts to lighten in color and becomes white, firm, and cool. Pull the white candy into an inch-thick rope and place on the greased paper. Repeat with the red candy mixture. You want both the red and white candy ropes to be the same thickness and temperature. You can pop the white candy into the warm oven for 30 seconds to warm it again if you need to.

Lay the red candy rope on top of the white and roll them gently on the work surface so that they stick together. Start to twist one end so that the colors merge into a spiral—you may need to gently pull the ends to lengthen and thin the candy as you do this. Using the greased scissors, snip the candy into 6-inch lengths and bend one end of each piece into the distinctive candy cane shape. Place on a clean sheet of nonstick parchment paper and leave until cold and hard.

If at any point the candy becomes too hard and brittle, place it on a parchment paper–covered baking sheet and warm in the oven for 10–20 seconds until pliable again.

PMM

No, I have not.
This recipe makes me want to try. The candy canes look amazing.
Thanks Sookie.

I'll be busy tonight. hehe

krystalkitty

Greedy Gambler
I like easy:) And these recipes look awesome, but a lot of work lol With the exception of Mbens fireball shots:) Bet I would be flying high after one :biglol:

Mben

Staff member
I like easy:) And these recipes look awesome, but a lot of work lol With the exception of Mbens fireball shots:) Bet I would be flying high after one :biglol:
I didn't want to say it but since you did, kk, I'll agree that the recipes do look like a lot of work. ;)

Out of all of them, the Fireball shots would be what I would tackle first. I already have the main ingredient here. A bottle of Fireball. :thumb: Come do a shot or two with me. lol

PMM

Recipes are hard work? Where is your sense of adventure? You know....wearing a apron, trashing the kitchen, making a lot of dirty dishes, flour on your face and brow from when you dumped the open bag over.

Adventure ladies, that's the ticket. Your thinking about it all wrong. LOL

By the way, As today is Christmas Eve, it is just too damn late to make anything now. Head to the Piggly Wiggly or your local Grocer and pick up a pie. (already cooked to save work)

Merry Christmas Everyone.

Reactions: Mben and Sookie

Mben

Staff member
Recipes are hard work? Where is your sense of adventure? You know....wearing a apron, trashing the kitchen, making a lot of dirty dishes, flour on your face and brow from when you dumped the open bag over.
I can't cook or bake like most of the people in the world who can. I believe it's my disorder of having to wash every utensil pretty much right away, wipe the stove as things are cooking on it still and basically keep the kitchen looking spotless while cooking anything. There is no way I could "wearing a apron, trashing the kitchen, making a lot of dirty dishes, flour on your face and brow" which really, really sucks because I've always wanted to come through the kitchen door holding a fabulous pie with flour on my face! lol

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
ezgif-2878688979.jpg

Recipe by Sweet Caroline (source)

Ingredients (serves 2-3):

4 ounces of white chocolate, chopped
1 3/4 cups milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Few drops of blue food coloring
Whipped cream
Blue sugar crystals

Directions:
In a small sauce pan over medium/low heat, add the chopped white chocolate and milk, bring to simmer (don't let it boil). Keep stirring until the chocolate is completely melted, remove from heat. Stir in vanilla extract and blue food coloring. Pour into mugs, serve with whipped cream and blue sugar crystals. Enjoy!

Receita por Sweet Caroline
Ingredientes (rendimento: 2-3 porções):
1/2 xícara de chocolate branco picado
1 3/4 xícaras de leite
1/4 colher de chá de essência de baunilha
Algumas gotas de corante alimentício azul
Chantilly
Cristais de açúcar azul

Modo de preparo:
Em uma panela pequena, em fogo médio/baixo, adicione o chocolate branco picado e leite, leve para esquentar (não deixe ferver). Continue mexendo até que o chocolate esteja completamente derretido, retire do fogo. Adicione essência de baunilha e corante alimentício azul. Despeje em canecas, sirva com chantilly e cristais de açúcar azul. Aproveite!

Last edited:

PMM

Wow, now that looks delicious.
Alas, I started my diet today for the new year.
You don't by chance have the diet version do you? :biglol:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loadlaunch