• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Fried Dough

nikkidog

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Here is a picture of the fried dough I said I would Post. I put regular  sugar on them , but you can use powered sugar if you prefer. 

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Ooooh YUMMY! :hungry: They kind of look like homemade sugar doughnuts don't they? Thanks for showing me nikki :nod:

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
Do you ship, nikki? lol Just kidding. "
They look delicious!!!

nikkidog

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I would , but by the time you got them they wouldn't taste the same. Real easy to make. Just. Buy pizza dough at the store. Fill frying pan with some oil. Pull dough apart and shape. Into round circles, fry in oil till Turning  till they are golden brown on both  sides, sprinkle with regular sugar or powered sugar.  That is it. 

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
:lol: She's not kidding 
disbelief.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
Whoa, that sounds a bit too easy. I really thought you made special dough but so glad you don't. Meaning I can definitely buy me some pizza dough and fry it up. You have given me an idea to make homemade Navajo Tacos. Our native Americans in AZ make what they call fry bread . They flatten dough they make and fry it in oil just like you. Then they top them with honey or powdered sugar. And they also make tacos with them. Oh, oh, they also top them with red chili con carne. Let me tell you .... the red chili con carne our local tribes make is to die for! I am going to flatten the dough and fry it that way and see what happens.OMG! I am HUNGRY now! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

nikkidog

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
WOW, I am going to try both of the ones you mentioned. They both sound delicious . Thanks for sharing this.

Jewels

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Nikki, did you say in an earlier post that you put cream cheese or something in side of them? These look so yummy and that taco you posted Mben....Oh my!!! My stomach is defiantly growling now.

lauralaten

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Fried dough is a big seller at the Italian Saint Rosalia, and Saint Cosmo Domieono feasts at churchs our area. Along with sausage and pepper sandwiches, cups of minestrone soup, wine and beer. So many people in court yards you can't move. Great time for all, people come from near and far like a big reunion. I make it at home but it never tastes as good as at these feasts, must be the atmosphere adds flavor LOL

nikkidog

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
No cream cheese, I sprinkle them with regular sugar or powered sugar. Yes, they are always sold at the Italian feasts. My mother and aunts use to make them at our church's feast when I was a kids and I used to have so much fun helping them. Now I make them when my grand daughter has her lemonade stand and make them for my grand kids when they are here which is Monday and Wednesday's for the summer and whenever we have a  party  my house or my daughters. The kids just love them and so do the adults.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistyrich1980