• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Malware or is it put there by NDF?

Mikey7a

PHINSFAN NUMERO UNO
OK, when I first land here from my Bookmark, a small video advertisement box appears in the bottom right corner of the page. Is it Malware, or are you guys aware of it?? The ads are random, nothing to do with Gambling, nor the site. So far, this only happens here.

omeg

Mikey7a:I am aware of nothing like this coming from our forum. Just isnt something we do here.Sounds like something extra possibly downloaded into your computer if you downloaded something lately?It has happened to me several times, and I have to go to delete programs, find it, and delete it.Malware is sneaky, and gets in with other downloads.Let me know what you find.

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for letting us know, Mikey. we'll get to the bottom of this.

Mben

Staff member
Mikey, the support team at activeboard cannot duplicate this. I have never seen it, Pam hasn't nor has Tony ........BUT I have had one other member tell me this happened to her a couple of weeks ago. "
So, what we need are screenshots and if possible the source code of the pop-up ad. "
The support rep also suggested that you both run an anti-malware scan too just in case. He feels it is that but it is not coming from our site. Could be stuck in your browsers extensions. "
Get me more info so we can look closer at this pop-up ad."
Thanks!

Mben

Staff member
Sookie wrote: Ive seen it twice now.
I meant to tell you that we have another member who saw what you saw, Sookie. Did you happen to get a screenshot? :pray:

Mben

Staff member
slotgal47 wrote: I have the same video when I come to the forum.
Crap! LOLOk guys, there is an obvious problem with this video pop-up. Please, if you can, get us screenshots and the source code on this pest. We need to KILL it quick!

queenmap

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I had it a couple times a few days ago, but haven't seen it since. Crap, hope I didn't just jinx myself. LOL

Mben

Staff member
Thanks for your replies, queenmap and David. "
It helps to know who is and ISN'T seeing it. It could help isolate it.

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I tried to get a screenshot last time but I wasn't quick enough. Maybe if I see it again Ill get it next time. If i get a pic with the phone on my camera (I can do that faster) will that help? Or maybe I can try clicking on it and see where it takes me?

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Ok, forget the question about the camera phone pic. That wont help, ok Ill hunt it and get a screenshot.

Mben

Staff member
Whatever you can get us, Sookie, would be a great help!

Mikey7a

PHINSFAN NUMERO UNO
And now it won't do it, even after i clear my cache etc sheesh. Going to run Malwarebytes see if its Malware, but I did so the other day with none found.I use Google Chrome, and have no weird extensions either. I'll keep trying.

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Mikey7a wrote: And now it won't do it, even after i clear my cache etc sheesh. Going to run Malwarebytes see if its Malware, but I did so the other day with none found.I use Google Chrome, and have no weird extensions either. I'll keep trying.
 Yeah, it doesn't do it every time just sometimes. And when I try to duplicate it I cant, Ill just have to be ready next time. 

Mikey7a

PHINSFAN NUMERO UNO
adhtml_zps38c08560.png
adhtml_zps38c08560.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikey7a

PHINSFAN NUMERO UNO
OK, thats what I was able to copy when I asked for element. I am not very computer savvy, sorry.

Mben

Staff member
Damn site meter! "
I will get with Belgamo about this. "
Thanks very much for the screenshots, Mikey!

Mben

Staff member
Sookie wrote:
Mikey7a wrote: And now it won't do it, even after i clear my cache etc sheesh. Going to run Malwarebytes see if its Malware, but I did so the other day with none found.I use Google Chrome, and have no weird extensions either. I'll keep trying.
 Yeah, it doesn't do it every time just sometimes. And when I try to duplicate it I cant, Ill just have to be ready next time.
Sookie, we may have what we need from Mikey's screenshots. So don't sweat it for now. I do need to thank you for bringing it to my attention the other week. The fact that you alerted me to it and then Mikey posting about it, pretty much confirmed that yeah, something is going on. Thanks again! :yourock: You rock too Mikey! :yourock:

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I CAUGHT IT!And when I clicked it it took me here:<a href="http://holiday.safeway.com/holiday-recipes-tips/turkey-assortment&cmpid=co_di_vi_swy_hld_mm_1347">http://holiday.safeway.com/holiday-recipes-tips/turkey-assortment&cmpid=co_di_vi_swy_hld_mm_1347</a>Here is the screen shot

Last edited by a moderator:

Mben

Staff member
Great timing catching it, Sookie! :thumbsup:"
I have never seen that and glad I can see what you guys are actually talking about now.

Mben

Staff member
Thanks, crazysider!"
I am so sorry that this is happening. We do not endorse anything, anyone or any company that is showing up in that nasty little video. "
I'd kill the sitemeter at the bottom of the forum ... that tiny little banner that is the source I believe and so does activeboard's support rep ... but I need to talk to the boss first and he's not available right now. "
We'll get rid of it (or at least not allow it to show the pop-up) in the next few days though.

slotgal47

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Well thought it was gone, but now it flashes on screen really fast and goes away. Well almost gone, guess I will try to use spybot again and see what happens.

Mben

Staff member
Sitemeter has been removed so members should not be seeing the pop-up videos anymore. "
Thanks to all who contributed to this thread and helping us isolate the problem. :yourock: