• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

RIP Penny Marshall

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
She has had serious health issues since 2008 - lung cancer spreading to her brain along with diabetes issues. Yes, Laverne smoked like a chimney prior to the lung cancer. I wish that all of my friends would stop - and yes, I understand that nicotine might be the hardest thing in the world to quit, but you need to do it!

Reactions: Mben and PMM

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
She has had serious health issues since 2008 - lung cancer spreading to her brain along with diabetes issues. Yes, Laverne smoked like a chimney prior to the lung cancer. I wish that all of my friends would stop - and yes, I understand that nicotine might be the hardest thing in the world to quit, but you need to do it!
10 years of suffering ... :(

Quitting smoking can be done, people do it all the time, but it is easier said than done. I know.

What gets me is that I had someone very close to me die from lung cancer due to smoking, but it hasn't deterred me. You'd think I would have quit the day I was told the bad news, or anytime during the 10 months of watching him suffer through chemo.

Reactions: PMM

PMM

I know Mben. I have even had people right in my own family circle get lung cancer and pass away. It still doesn't make me quit.

Sometimes I wonder what is wrong with me, for not quitting.

Not only do I not quit, I'll be honest, I don't want to quit.

I guess something will get me in the end. Whether it be lung cancer or something else, no one gets out of this world alive.

Reactions: Mben