• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

UPDATE ON HUBBY'S SURGERY

trishobryan

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts. We will be on our way home this morning, after an 8:00 post-op appointment. So far, both surgeries went well, he is in a lot of pain from the neck surgery, it is much more painful than the back surgery. He says he can feel a difference on his left side already.The post-op appointment is the extent of the aftercare, we have to see a doctor at home to remove the stitches. I would definately recommend this place to others, maybe not this motel, but the clinic......without a doubt! Like I said before, there are many miracles that walk out of here everyday, David is one of them!Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as he continues to heal, we are very fortunate to have so many people who care.Have a great day and God bless!!!Trish

Last edited by a moderator:

omeg

That is such fantastic news trish...I am soooo happy for your family. Glad to hear you are on your way home finally after such a long ordeal.  Be safe, and God Bless...                                                                         Pam

that is wonderful news!!! What clinic did you go to....they are talking another surgery for my hubby on his back in december and am wondering what options I have....good luck and keep us posted on his recovery!

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
Trish, I am very happy that everything is going good for your husband and hope he recovers quickly. It's been a long time coming that he sees relief .......... your whole family for that matter.
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

trishobryan

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Firebird, we went to the Laser Spine Institute. We found it online and contacted them. They are very easy to work with and they took a letter from our lawyers for payment and the motel and everything was included, along with breakfast and lunch Monday thru Friday. If you send in your medical records a surgeon will call you back and go over everything, if they can fix it, they will tell you before you ever go there. David went into his first surgery in the wheelchair he has been confined to for 6 months, and walked out of recovery! The neck surgery was a lot more painful, as he has huge neck muscles, and they don't cut them unless they have to, they dialate them so that the pain and recovery is shorter. He felt immediate relief on his right side, his left is where they went in, and he has a lot of numbing and weakness still in his left arm and hand. His back however is great! He was one of the most difficult of their patients, as he had to have work on both the left and right sides in both his back and neck, they only had 1 surgeon who would do it, but he is great! Good bedside manner and came back twice after surgery to check on him and answer our questions, and he took his time. Check them out, maybe they can help your husband too! Plus they do not do ANY fusions!!!"
"
Good luck!"
Trish