Understanding Bonus Types
Image via Slots Plus
First off, there are many types of bonuses including:
- No Deposit Bonus – With no deposit casino bonuses, you will find casinos may offer them in two ways. First, you could be rewarded a small amount of money to play with such as $10 to $20 and play selected games to see how you like the casino. The second type also offers a small amount of money to play with but a time limit is set on how long the bonus is available.
- Welcome Bonuses – Generally offered upon opening an account and after making an initial deposit. For example, if you deposit $100, the casino will match that deposit, called 100 percent bonus matching.
- Reload Bonuses – These are offered to players who stick with a casino and are rewarded for loyal play. Reload or “player reward bonuses” are very often higher than other bonus types.
- Cashable Bonuses – Considered “real money bonuses” an online casino offers bonuses that can be cashed out.
- Sticky Bonuses – With these bonuses often referred to as “play bonuses,” they can’t be converted into cash to withdrawal and are only used to play in the casino along with your own deposited money.
- Preferred Deposit Bonuses – Offered as a reward to players that take advantage of the casinos preferred deposit method such as Neteller, Click2Pay or Moneybookers.
Bonus Terms and Conditions
Image via Slots Plus
Just like Las Vegas casinos that offer player reward cards, online casino bonuses are ways to attract players and keep them.
Every casino has its own terms and conditions associated with bonuses offered—a reload bonus at one casino may not be the same at another casino. One stipulation is that you must place a set amount of wagers or bets before you can use the bonuses to play, such as wagering 25 times before the bonus can be used.
Players should look at bonuses as a method used by online casinos to prevent “casino hopping” just to receive the bonuses, which is why they come with terms and conditions.
Once wager limits have been met, bonuses can be utilized. Depending on the terms and conditions and the casino, profits made will be moved to your casino account.
Finally, some online bonuses restrict players from certain games and can only be used at certain tables or slot machine games.
It is important to note all online casinos offer helpful customer support if you have any questions on wager limits or how bonuses work.
Finding the Best Casino
There are many websites that review some of the best online casino bonuses out there today, and players would do well to take the time to research online casinos and preview games.
Some casinos are dedicated to slot machine play where others offer a variety of games including slots, table games, and roulette. Each has its own unique environment.
Playing in the online casino arena is a fun way to learn various types of gaming, rules of play, and a way to meet new friends—just as with traditional casinos. Researching casinos, reading reviews, previewing games, and reading each casino’s terms and conditions for bonuses is the best way to find a casino that suits your style of play.