• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Can we have a memorial thread about someone that most of you have no idea who it is?

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
If you were a hockey fan back in the 60s and 70s, you were aware of Stan Mikita - Chicago Blackhawks legend. He died yesterday at 78. You might have recognized the name if you watched "Wayne's World" back in the day, or you happened to be a doughnut aficionado! :thumb:

Reactions: Mben and PMM

PSP

stan_mikita_donuts_nhl.0.jpg

PMM

I never followed hockey much, but I have heard the name thru the years so I knew of him.

An amazing hockey player.

Reactions: Mben

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
"most of you have no idea who it is"

I'm one of the "most".

Reactions: PMM

PSP

The NHL is different than any other professional sport. It used to be that the players were humble and from a small town somewhere - aka nowhere.

The players were honest and accessible - not always the case today, but more likely than not. You weren't likely to see the gold chains and attitude. They knew that they were special, but were humble enough to associate with us mere mortals.

I met a bunch of them "back in the day" - their honesty and innocence ruined pro sports for me in the future....