• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Happy Groundhog Day - An Early Spring Is On It's Way!!!

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
ap_groundhog_dm_120202_wg.jpg
Groundhog, Punxsutawney Phil, did not see his shadow today when he emerged from his burrow. He is predicting an early spring!According to folklore, if a groundhog emerges from its burrow and see its shadow, then six more weeks of winter weather is on the way.But if it comes out and sees no shadow, spring is expected to come early. Punxsutawney, the Pennsylvania town that is home to one of the most famous weather-predicting groundhogs, Punxsutawney Phil, has been carrying on the tradition of Groundhog Day since the 1800s, according to The Punxsutawney Groundhog Club.Ever since the tradition began in 1887, Phil (and his ancestors) saw their shadows 99 times, while predicting an early spring only 16 times. There was no record for nine of the years.<a href="http://www.groundhog.org/groundhog-day/history/" >Groundhog Day History</a>

Last edited by a moderator:

Mben

Staff member
And then there is the movie! That is one of my ex'ses favorite movie. I am so over that movie. Like the movie, he watched it over and over and over lol

Mben

Staff member
And then there is the movie! That is one of my ex's favorite movie. I am so over that movie. Like the movie, he watched it over and over and over lol