• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Mass Shootings In The USA

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure what kind of replies this thread will bring, but I am interested in knowing your thoughts about what has happened lately regarding the mass shootings here in the US. I am sickened by it. The loss of innocent lives, the pain it has caused families and friends and the fear it has put in the hearts of our citizens is sickening. Is our society producing these crazed maniacs? Does our government have a hand in it? Do we need tighter gun control? Do we need to get a CCW (carrying a concealed weapon) permit? Are these False Flags or not? Whatever the answers are, people died. My condolences go out to the family and friends of yesterdays Sikh shooting in Wisconsin as they do to the Colorado family and friends. May those who lost their lives rest in peace. 

omeg

I would never be able to say with any certainty what the heck is going on right now with all these shootings. Seems one happens, and then another pops up as well. A copy cat if you will.Crazy people do unthinkable damage to others. I pray for the victims and their families. One just never knows. Life is so precious, and so short.                                                                                                                         Pam

Mben

Staff member
Google False Flag. Read up on what has/is being presented to our congress these days. Read about who the CO shooter's father is and what he was about to do. It's interesting reading and really makes you wonder. And so you know where I am coming from ... I own a couple of firearms including a beautiful Smith and Wesson Ladysmith revolver. It was my mother's and was given to me when she passed away. My mother had a CCW. I smile over that because my mother was the most petite lady and to know that she was packing .... well. you get the picture. Firearms have been a part of my life since I was 4 years old. I was a member of the Tucson Rod and Gun Club for years. Even won some medals for statewide junior shooting matches. Our 2nd amendment simply cannot be taken away.

IEatGoanna

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
This is a very touchy subject as I've found out in the past but here is the Wikipedia link for laws governing firearms in Australia.I am 44yrs of age and could count on 1 hand the amount of times I have even seen a gun.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_AustraliaQuote from above link.Gun politics have only become a notable issue in Australia since the 1980s. Low levels of violent crime through much of the 20th century kept levels of public concern about firearms low. However, in the last two decades of the century, following several high profile multiple murders and a media campaign, the Australian government co-ordinated more restrictive firearms legislation with all state governments. Australia today has arguably some of the most restrictive firearms legislation in the world.Currently, about 5.2% of Australian adults (765,000 people)[1] own and use firearms for purposes such as hunting, controlling feral animals, collecting, and target shooting.http://sydney.edu.au/news/84.html?newsstoryid=1502Quote from above link. From 1996 to 2003, the total number of gun deaths each year fell from 521 to 289, suggesting that the removal of more than 700,000 guns was associated with a faster declining rate of gun suicide and gun homicide, said Adjunct Associate Professor Philip Alpers, also from the School of Public Health at the University of Sydney. This was a milestone public health and safety issue, driven by an overwhelming swing in public opinion, and promptly delivered by governments. After 112 people were shot dead in 11 mass shootings* in a decade, Australia collected and destroyed categories of firearms designed to kill many people quickly. In his immediate reaction to the Port Arthur massacre, Prime Minister John Howard said of semi-automatic rifles and shotguns: There is no legitimate interest served in my view by the free availability in this country of weapons of this kind That is why we have proposed a comprehensive package of reforms designed to implement tougher, more effective and uniform gun laws. http://www.reuters.com/article/2007/08/28/us-world-firearms-idUSL2834893820070828Quote from above link.The United States has 90 guns for every 100 citizens, making it the most heavily armed society in the world, a report released on Tuesday said.U.S. citizens own 270 million of the world's 875 million known firearms, according to the Small Arms Survey 2007 by the Geneva-based Graduate Institute of International Studies.About 4.5 million of the 8 million new guns manufactured worldwide each year are purchased in the United States, it said.I'm pleased we here in Australia have the worlds toughest gun controls!'Good luck in keeping your 2nd amendment and I hope it works out.

Mben

Staff member
Yes, it is a touchy subject so thank you for replying, IEatGoanna. :)What you posted showing the differences in numbers between Australia and the US is definitely an eye opener. Thank you. In my opinion though, it's much easier controlling firearms in a country that does not have borders with other countries such as the US does. I live an hour away from the US/Mexico border which means illegal activities are taking place very close to home. It doesn't help much that my government was involved in <a href="http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-07-31/news/sns-rt-us-mexico-gunsbre87003y-20120731_1_atf-headquarters-operation-fast-fast-and-furious" >Fast and Furious</a> either. I believe that no matter how hard the US government tries to confiscate all the weapons in the US, there will be those who will obtain them illegally to continue doing what they are doing and that is taking innocent lives. For me these days, owning a firearm is not about target shooting and competitions ... it's about protecting my life and those around me. If the 2nd admendment is taken away, I will be one of those illegal gun owners and so will a lot of otherwise responsible gun owners. The government will make us criminals. Anyway, thanks for letting me rant. I don't usually talk about touchy stuff but thought what the heck . lol

omeg

Guns dont kill people  ...  People kill people.

Last edited by a moderator: