1. Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Poker Questions and Answers

Discussion in 'ONLINE POKER' started by lenny, Mar 7, 2013.

1. lenny

lenny NEW MEMBER

If anyone has any questions related to poker, both online and offline feel free to make a thread in the poker section.
  2. Mben

Mben No Deposit Forum Admin Staff Member

Hi Lenny! I just wanted to say real quick ... Welcome to the forum and thanks for bringing the Poker Forum back to life! I'll start with a question thread. I will title it How do you play Poker? I have no idea and need full in depth detail in words I can understand . LOL Just kidding! I'm sure that is a book you wouldn't want to write. lol Again, welcome to the forum and I can't wait to see those offers .... especially because of the news of certain US states signing online gambling (poker) into law recently.
    Mimi33 likes this.
  3. lenny

lenny NEW MEMBER

Thank you for the warm welcome..
  4. Jin Kwon

Jin Kwon NEW MEMBER

is there any approved rules how to play online poker? I'm an ace in the real one, but online's still seems to me as a hard alternative..
    Mimi33 likes this.
  5. Mimi33

Mimi33 WELL KNOWN MEMBER

:hi: I tried to play poker.It was not so difficult.I can even say that I really liked.The game is very exciting.I'm playing on small bets.I do not feel confident.Please give me advice.What type of poker is easier for a beginner. What bets is reasonable for a beginner at poker?
    Mben and PMM like this.
  6. PMM

PMM No Deposit Forum Moderator Staff Member

In my opinion, I think 5 card stud is a easy game to learn to play. Even 5 card draw is a easy first time poker players hit.

Again, can not stress the importance of knowing your hand rankings well, before you attempt to play poker.

You can find them here. Hope this helps.

Following is the ranking of poker hands ordered from highest(best) hand to lowest(worst) hand.

Straight Flush - 5 cards of the same suit in sequence
    • Example: A,K,Q,J,10 All spades
    • Probability: 1 in 65,000
    • Four of a kind - 4 cards of the same Rank
    • Example: Q,Q,Q,Q,4 Different kinds
    • Probability: 1 in 4,000
    • Full house - 3 cards of the same rank and 2 different cards of same rank
    • Example: J,J,J Of Different ranks K,K of different ranks
    • Probability: 1 in 700
    • Flush - 5 cards of the Same suit
    • Example: 5,7,Q,J,A All spades
    • Probability: 1 in 500
    • Straight - 5 cards in sequence, but not of the same suit
    • Example: 10,9,8,7,6 Not the same suit
    • Probability: 1 in 250
    • Three of a Kind - 3 cards with the same rank
    • Example: 10,10,10,7,5 Different suits
    • Probability: 1 in 50
    • Two Pairs - 2 cards with the same rank, and 2 different cards with same rank
    • Example: K,K,5,5,Q Different suits
    • Probability: 1 in 20
    • One Pair - 2 cards of same rank
    • Example: 4,4,7,J,Q Different suits
    • Probability: 1 in 2.3
    • Nothing - Different Cards of Different Suits
    • Example: 9,4,7,J,Q Different suits
    • Probability: 1 in 2
    Mimi33 and Mben like this.
  7. PMM

Seems to me, and again, I don't have a lot of experience for playing poker online, but poker rules are quite similar online as they are in a real poker game with other people in person. You must have a better hand ranking than anyone else. Also, if a poker room has a set of different rules, they usually place them right on the site so you can become familiar with them.

I'll look around, and see what I can find.

Thanks for the questions.
    Mimi33 and Mben like this.
  8. Mimi33

Mimi33 WELL KNOWN MEMBER

Thank you PMM.You are very kind.I memorized the 5card.):kitty: I even won a little). I win mostly two pairs or three cards). Once time was Flush! What is " hand ranking "?:facepalm::bigheart:
    Mben likes this.
  9. PMM

Hi Mimi33, Hand ranking simply means best hand possible, down to the lowest hand possible.

You are doing great!!
    Mben and Mimi33 like this.
  10. Mimi33

Mimi33 WELL KNOWN MEMBER

:thankyou: You're very kind, thank you! I figured it out!Forgive me for my mind))))!:facepalm:
    Mben and PMM like this.
  11. PMM

I'm glad!

Remember while playing poker, everyone likes to bluff once in a while. That means they bet higher than you, even though in actuality they don't have anything in their hand. They are "Bluffing" They are trying to get you to fold, because you believe they have a hand to beat you. Again, when actually, they have nothing. Some people are really good at this, and it is something to watch for when playing poker with real people instead of online.

Just my tip for the day. LOL

Have a great day Mimi33!
    Mben and Mimi33 like this.
  12. Mimi33

Mimi33 WELL KNOWN MEMBER

Dear PMM! Especially since I'm in the game don't understand that I have a great poker face!)))):pokerface:I will comply with your advice.!:theman:
    Mben and PMM like this.
  13. suri1100134

suri1100134 NEW MEMBER

I have a great poker face so i usually win ez :biglol:
    Mben and PMM like this.
  14. PMM

A great poker face is a very important aspect to the game.

Watching others faces when they get their cards is very important.
    Mben likes this.