• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

10 SIGNS YOU ARE ADDICTED TO YOUR CELL PHONE (LOL)

omeg

You've spent more on accessories than on the phone. It started out with something harmless like a car charger, but then you stepped up to the car FM transmitter, armband, a different case for each day of the week, spare batteries, screen protectors, a stereo Bluetooth adapter, wireless speakerphone, and even a dock powered by tube amps. You realize that its just a phone, not a kid, right? And that none of it will work when you inevitably upgrade to the next version six months from now? You have 30 different apps and use them all, daily. Weve all gone through app-installing binges where weve installed some questionable stuff on our cell phones. Two weeks later, we either figure out its garbage and delete it, or leave it to stagnate. But those of you still checking on your digital iPhorest trees, using car locater to find your Camry down the block every morning, and thumbing through digital copies of the U.S. Constitution during heated political debates are the real nuts. You have alarms telling you when to do everything in your life. Business meetings, doctors appointments, and group meetups. All valid events to put in your phone. Have an alarm for putting out the trash on Wednesday night? Youre in way too deep, buddy. When you need your phone to prod you through every step of the day, it might as well be your respirator or dialysis machine.  You read about your phone on your phone. Not content to dream about your phone, fondle it in your pocket all day long, and relish every chance to use it, you actually invest time in finding out more about it, while using it. You read through the latest TUAW posts on your iPhone, or threads on the Crackberry forums from your Bold. Your phone is no longer a means to an end, it is the end.  Youve cut back on necessities to afford your $100 a month cell phone bill. OK, lunch is pretty important. But $5 a day adds up to like $150 a month, and that can totally pay your phone bill if you just switch to Jell-O and ramen noodles for a while. Or maybe you could just start hopping the turnstile instead of paying for a subway pass. Or move to a cheaper apartment. Or carry a balance on that credit cardDoes this logic sound familiar?  A full battery charge does not last all day. After brushing your teeth and washing your face, your last ritual before bed is plugging in that smartphone. Because if you dont, theres no way that suckers lasting another full day after the workout you gave it today. Well admit that the battery life on some modern smartphones is pretty dismal, but if youre downing a full charge day after day, you might need to lay off the juice.  You broke it, and it feels like you lost a friend. In a moment of clumsiness, you went to remove it from your pocket for the 37th time in the last hour, slipped, and sent it pinwheeling toward pavement, where it landed with a sickening crack. Or, in a moment of carelessness, you let it slip out of your pocket on the train, waiting to be snatched up by some hawkeyed bum. Even worse, in a less-than-sober moment, you dropped it into a fountain (which is not a urinal, by the way). Whatever the circumstances, you cant stop replaying the event in your mind, running over its irreplaceable digital contents in your mind, and kicking yourself for letting it happen. Maybe you even have dreams about a reunion with your long-lost friend. Er, phone. When the symptoms start to border post-traumatic stress disorder, its time to move on. When you meet people with the same phone, you can only talk about the phone. You have an iPhone too? Oh awesome, have you tried the PDXBus app yet? Yea, this case is pretty cool, but Im getting this metallic one soon thats even slimmer.If this sounds at all like a conversation you might have upon meeting someone with the same smartphone, you should reconsider your smartphone addiction and your social life.  You feel a brief moment of panic when you touch your pocket (or grope to the bottom of your purse) and its gone. Were not talking about a lost phone here, just realizing you left it at home. And feeling the skipped heartbeat of sheer terror. What if people try to call me?What if I cant find the nearest Starbucks without asking someone?What will my Twitter followers think?Take a deep breath before you need an iDefibrillator app and forge on without your faithful digital assistant. Life will be OK.  You use it in the bathroom. This is just wrong. But not for hygienic reasons as you all suspect. If youre using your smartphone on the can, youve just robbed yourself of your last refuge from interruption. Youve tainted mankinds last fortress of solitude by draggeing the entire equivalent of a computer into the equation. Cant you live five minutes without e-mail? Really?<a href="http://www.digitaltrends.com" title="Digital Trends">Source</a>-- Edited by PMM2008 on Thursday 12th of September 2013 02:35:54 PM

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
Oh gawd! I am addicted to my phone! :lol:"
This one made me laugh cuz yep, I have alarms for EVERYTHING! HAHAHAHA

Mikey7a

PHINSFAN NUMERO UNO
Now that was funny Pam! Happily, as fast as I jumped on the PC-Internet craze, "
my cell phone is very basic, and only used for important calls. I'm sure it's an age thing, "
but all that texting would drive me nuts! As for phones, I say as little as possible."
If you feel you have that much to say to me, for Pete's sake, just drop by!

omeg

I gotta say, I didnt think I was addicted to my phone, but I am guilty of more than half of these blunders. :lol:I go thru that sheer panic if I have forgotten it, talk about my phone to other people, and yes, I have taken it in the bathroom wth me when I was in the middle of a conversation with texting. :lol:Hey....Don't you judge me.  hahahahhaha

No Fool

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
PMM2008 wrote: I gotta say, I didnt think I was addicted to my phone, but I am guilty of more than half of these blunders. :lol:I go thru that sheer panic if I have forgotten it, talk about my phone to other people, and yes, I have taken it in the bathroom wth me when I was in the middle of a conversation with texting. :lol:Hey....Don't you judge me.  hahahahhaha
 I HATE cell phones.  I do have one, but its a basic cell phone.  I don't have any fancy plan or phone. (BTW I am actually somewhat young, and not a very old person refusing to come around to technology.)  I refused to text forever, I just recently started texting about 6 months ago, I do it rarely. I used to really hate people on there phone in the car, but now that has been replaced with the even more dangerous texting.    I see people in restaurants, bars, stores that are fixed to their phone texting.  How about when you go out with a friend and they are texting the whole night, it like why did you bother coming out? What is very confusing to me is, a 30 minutes texting session can be accomplished by talking on the phone for 5 mins.  Why prolong your point in having to typ back and forth?  Just get it over with and talk on the phone real quick.I do wish we could go back in time to when we had to use pay phones if we wanted to talk to someone while we were out.  It just seemed so peaceful back then.