• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

2 Headed Calf Born In Vermont

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
2863262_G.jpg
WHITING, VT (WPTZ/CNN)  - A calf born on a farm in Vermont has people doing double takes.You can tell by her vocal chords that the calf is doing pretty wellSeven cows were born at a Whiting farm, but the eighth was delivered with an extra set of eyes. His final delivery was a calf born with two heads, said farmer Kirstin Quesnel. It just was something different for us today. Two heads, two snouts and four eyes, all wrapped up in 75 pounds of heifer.She's clenched onto this bottle in one mouth but in the other side, she's sucking too. That's because the farmers say she has one brain. Just like with humans, we have some abnormalities and animals and animal births and this just happened to be one of them, Quesnel said.The condition is extremely rare. The calf was supposed to be a twin, but the egg failed to separate. We had the vet take a look at her earlier today to check all of her signs and she seems to be doing very well, Quesnel said.The little cow was the talk among the adults on Wednesday.Mother and daughter are doing well, and baby is already trying to walk. Call it a miracle or call it unique, call it what you will, we're just blessed with this and we'll see where it goes from here, Quesnel said.The calf has yet to be named.

Last edited by a moderator:

omeg

My goodness.For me, all life is precious.I am so glad she is doing well.I am curious what her life will be like down the road.What are their plans with her.  They likely dont know yet.One calf, two mouths to feed. heheThanks Mben for this story. 

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
I wonder if it will even survive unlike that poor kitty i posted about that was born with 2 faces.

omeg

I too wonder about her living very long.There always seems to be complications of something or another when this happens.If you follow the story Mben, keep me up to date.Thanks. :yourock:

piggy323

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
This story reminded me of the two headed kitten. I was so sad when I heard they didn't make it shortly after their days from birth. But at least what is different from this story is that the health two headed calf seems to be healthy and doing well, shortly after birth. I too, would like to know how they are to be doing for the days to come, if Mben you decided to keep an update on this.