• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

2017 Kentucky Derby Facts & History

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
With the 2017 Kentucky Derby running on May 6th, 2017, here are some fun facts when it comes to gambling.

2017 Kentucky Derby Facts & History:

• $192.6 Million
– Total amount wagered on the 2016 Kentucky Derby ($151.8 million paid on winning tickets)

• $184.90 – Highest amount ever paid on a $2 bet for Donerail to win in 1913

• 127,000 – Number of mint juleps served over Kentucky Derby weekend

• 522,000 – Number of beer cans that will be consumed

• $300,000 – 2017 stud fee for Tapit, the world's most valuable sire

Most Gambling-Addicted States Least Gambling-Addicted States
1 - Nevada 41 - Florida
2 - South Dakota 42 - Arizona
3 - Montana 43 - North Carolina
4 - West Virginia 44 - Alaska
5 - Mississippi 45 - Vermont
6 - New Jersey 46 - Wisconsin
7 - Oklahoma 47 - Kentucky
8 - Oregon 48 - Utah
9 - Louisiana 49 - Nebraska
10 - Ohio 50 - Alabama

source

Mben

Staff member
Have you been to the Kentucky Derby? It's not something that appeals to me.
I have been to Louisville, Kentucky, but not for the derby. I landed there after a flight and was picked up by a friend and we headed to her home in Indiana.

But with that said ... I have watched the derby more times than I can count. I bet on it every year and have won a couple. One year $490!
The screenshot is missing because of our migration a couple of years ago to this new forum software, but here is my exciting and funny story about that win. https://www.nodepositforum.com/threads/kentucky-derby-winner.53601023/

And a smaller win on the derby the year before the one above. https://www.nodepositforum.com/threads/winner-winner-chicken-dinner.49050103/#post-49050103

I watch and bet on all the triple crown races ... the Kentucky Derby, the Preakness and the Belmont Stakes. I love horse racing and dog racing. So much fun!

yogi50401

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I have family that lives in Louisville. They go every year. In 2016 the cost to get in for the Derby day was $30. The only place you can sit with this ticket is in the bathroom! After that level of admission, the prices skyrocket. The worst ticket that includes A seat is 3 figures (Think like $175) then goes all the way up to over 5 grand. Year since I looked up prices, correct me if wrong! Wonder what the prices of 1913 tickets were? Did one year, someone say, "Let's rob everyone that attends!"?

I would pay the $30 but never pay hundreds or thousands of dollars to sit! Even if I was Rich, I would not pay that. Businesses and other people do. Guess its Supply and Demand in extreme!

Mben

Staff member
yogi ... it's been forever since you've been around! Happy to see you.

I never thought about admission prices to the derby because it is something that I figured I'd never go to. And now that you've listed some prices, it's definitely out the plans for me. :lol:

And yes, by all means, share the facts!

yogi50401

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
yogi ... it's been forever since you've been around! Happy to see you.

I never thought about admission prices to the derby because it is something that I figured I'd never go to. And now that you've listed some prices, it's definitely out the plans for me. :lol:

And yes, by all means, share the facts!

Reactions: Gadget

yogi50401

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I know its been A while since I made A post. I have came to the forum several times and used your codes. I should have at least liked them to show my appreciation. I have been and still am working 12 hr days 5 days a week they sometimes make us work Sat also. I get into A hurry. Thank you for letting me share those facts!

Mben

Staff member
I know its been A while since I made A post. I have came to the forum several times and used your codes. I should have at least liked them to show my appreciation. I have been and still am working 12 hr days 5 days a week they sometimes make us work Sat also. I get into A hurry. Thank you for letting me share those facts!
Woah! That's too much work! lol And you're welcome. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
14porter