• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

A big TV Ooopsie!

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
San Francisco TV station reporting the names of the Korean pilots in the crash last Saturday[video=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug5zKwJuWbU&sns=fb][/video]

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
LMFAO!!!!! :laughhard: That is hilarious!!!!!!"
As a half Asian, can I continue on the same lines with a joke? Or would I be considered racist? lol

Mben

Staff member
Let me add that I feel very sad for the victims and the family of the victims of the San Francisco airline crash. I am in no way laughing at what happened."
I am laughing at the names, first of all (they were pretty darn good) and I am laughing at the fact that they were aired by a TV news station thinking they were legitimate names. Come on! Really? Ok well, they never said the names out loud to themselves. They're off the hook! NOT! hahahaha Dumb asses!

omeg

Some dumb ass summer intern needed to spruce up his day and certainly it cost him his job.With that said, for the news station to not of caught this before it went to air is quite questionable to me.Perhaps they were in such a rush to get it on the news first, they just didnt do the steps needed to catch this.I feel bad for the families as I know it must of been hurtful.  

Mikey7a

PHINSFAN NUMERO UNO
OmG, as often as I say it online, there are rarely occasions where I pmsl. or lmfao, but oh yes, this was too funny!

Mikey7a

PHINSFAN NUMERO UNO
Oh, and Bill Maher says no one can chide him for Oriental bad driver jokes, ever again. lol lol"
As for us finding humor in tragedy, it's human nature. If we all didn't laugh once in a while, we would go insane!

Mben

Staff member
The airlines is now thinking about suing the TV station and those responsible for the prank. Regarding the KTVU-TV's demeaning report of the pilots on July 12, ASIANA Airlines is reviewing possible legal action against KTVU-TV and the NTSB, the airline said in a statement.  The reputation of the four pilots and of the company had been seriously damaged by this report. The company is reviewing taking legal action against both KTVU-TV and the NTSB. Some of the Yahoo reader's comments ... 1. The airlines damaged their own reputation by crashing the plane in the first place.2. The airline does have a case of slander. 3. Asians are not taking too kindly to the racial connotation of the prank. 4. People died and jokes are being made. (A third girl died yesterday)It goes on and on.  My thoughts regarding the prank and not the accident itself where lives were lost ...The airline needs to focus on what's on hand. Their pilots screwed up (from what I have read and am not saying it's been proven), lives were lost and they need sort that out and not waste time pursuing a lawsuit over this prank. But if they do, the law is probably on their side (again, from what I read because I am no lawyer). The joke (the names thought up) were very funny to me. Hilariously funny!This is the biggie for me .... The fact that it went so far is beyond comprehension. Just simply unbelievable. So unbelievable that a friend of mine who is not connected to the internet at the hip like we all are, told me yeah right meaning he thought I made the whole thing up when I told him what happened.  -- Edited by Mben on Sunday 14th of July 2013 04:09:28 PM

Mben

Staff member
Mikey7a wrote: Oh, and Bill Maher says no one can chide him for Oriental bad driver jokes , ever again. lol lol As for us finding humor in tragedy, it's human nature. If we all didn't laugh once in a while, we would go insane!
Being that I am an Asian(half) and a WOMAN ..... bad driver jokes ... I've heard them all! lol What does this mean, Mikey? pmsl