• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

A Wonderful Story of Faith

omeg

Hi gang:I just want to share a great story for those of us that have faith in the Lord.I have a High School friend I have always kept in contact with and found out about a month ago that her Father was dying of lung cancer. In and out of the hospital, they can do no more, and he is at home with Hospice coming each day.  Family love is strong and he is rarely alone.While speaking to my friend some two weeks ago, I told her I was sending many prayers to her and her Father. I spoke about turning to the Lord for strength and peace.  She shared with me that her Father has never had any sort of religion, not even as a child, and has often spoke of the Lord as not existing. It troubled her that her Father might not go to Heaven when his time came.  I shared to her my belief that the Lord denies no one, even if they have denied him, and I told her that the Lord would come to her Father in quiet times in the coming days. She told me she really hoped that to be true.I received a text from her today: Hi Pamie, I forgot to tell you yesterday that you were right about God coming to people in need towards the end. Dad was talking but I couldnt hear him so I asked him what he was saying. He said...I was talking to the Lord. Then this morning Pamie, Dad was sitting in his chair, and as I and Mom sat on each side of him, He looked up and said to no one we could see Well Hello there Lord. He was looking sort of up in the room, towards the ceiling. I am taking great confort in this Pamie, Thank you.   After I read her text, I of course had tears in my eyes.  I was overcome with joy. I believe with my whole heart it is in fact God who is coming to him. I just had to share this inspirational story. I am so blessed that it happened in my life. Please pray for Dale Dues, who is dying of lung cancer and will leave 3 children, a wife of 46 years, and many many grandchildren who will love and miss him. Thank you for letting me share this.   

Last edited by a moderator:

daremeto

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Pam i am sorry to hear about your friends father having lung cancer. but you are so right when you said that the lord denies nobody even if they deny him. i have had friends and loved ones that passed and at the end of their illness the lord was there for them. i had a client who passed away for lung cancer, and her husband told me that when she passed she sat up in bed, held her hands up in the air and said wait lord i am coming too. then she lay down and was gone. he is there for each and every one of us and most times we don't know or acknowledge it but i can say when it comes down to brass tacks he has never let us down. meaning steve and i btw lol

omeg

Hi daremeto:Thanks for reading my story, and commenting.The Lord has always been there for me, even when I was angry at him, or my faith failed me.HIS love is incredible isnt it? :roll:

daremeto

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
i'm sorry Pam, your friend will see her dad again some day. thankfully he is no longer in pain, it is really hard on the family to watch a loved on be in so much pain, makes one feel helpless. and as you said heaven is a better place with him in it

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
My condolences to your friend and her family, Pam.

omeg

daremeto wrote: i'm sorry Pam, your friend will see her dad again some day. thankfully he is no longer in pain, it is really hard on the family to watch a loved on be in so much pain, makes one feel helpless. and as you said heaven is a better place with him in it
 Thanks daremeto and Mben.  He went peacefully with all his family around him. No more suffering.I'll pass along the condolences to the family.-- Edited by PMM2008 on Friday 21st of June 2013 05:29:29 AM