• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Atlantic City's Horse Racing On The Beach Proposal Moves Forward

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
A proposal that would bring horse racing to Atlantic City's beaches in October was approved Monday by the Assembly Budget Committee.Planned to coincide with Columbus Day weekend, the two-day race Oct. 11 and 13 would pay homage to an Italian tradition known as Il Palio, with a field of 50 horses narrowed down through a series of qualifying races. This is a surefire trifecta: We have a winner for horse racing and Atlantic City, we've got a perfect place on the beach, and we're going to put on a show that's never been seen before, Assemblyman Ron Dancer, R-Burlington, Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean said in a written statement.For the race to take place, state legislators would have to make changes to laws allowing the New Jersey Racing Commission to grant a permit for the race and allow betting to take place. This is an exciting new American twist on a time-honored Italian tradition, which will bring some well-deserved attention to Atlantic City and our state's horse industries, Assemblyman John Amodeo, R-Atlantic, said. I'll bet that this race will become an annual tradition for New Jersey. <a href="http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/breaking/panel-moves-bill-for-atlantic-city-horse-race/article_f39ba470-d058-59ec-9c1f-7425dcc78c61.html" >source</a>

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
This race would be totally cool to attend! I would love to be able to see this. I wonder if it will be broadcast on TV where i could watch it?You know how you see in movies, couples (or even just a hot guy lol) galloping along a sandy beach, bare back on magnificent horses, with the sunset casting beautiful colors? So dreamy, right? Well, I don't think this race will anything like that!!! :lol: Hooves will be pounding the sand louder than thunder, foamy sweat will cover the shiny coats of these beasts and after it's all over with, the jockey with less sand in his teeth will be the victorious winner! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
face699