• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Bloom County and Bill the Cat

Mikey7a

PHINSFAN NUMERO UNO
Yesterday, in the chat window, I said I felt like Bill the Cat. I saw that Mben said she didn't know who he was, so I thought I'd enlighten her LOL! Berkeley Breathed was mostly known for Children's books, and as an illustrator. Well, about the time that Ronald Reagan took office, he introduced a political satire comic strip called Bloom County. It was immediately apparent that he wasn't very fond of the current Administration, or anyone in the Republican Party. Now, whether you agreed with his views or not, a few of his cartoon characters were just plain funny. Opus the Penguin was the main character, and I imagine held a lot of Berkeley's beliefs. Anyway, my favorite was Bill the Cat. Bill was the antithesis to all the cutesy, lovable, cartoon characters from the past. In fact, it looked pretty much like Bill was always on his 8 and a half life For a while he only uttered one word, and if you've ever been very hungover, burnt out, or just plain ill to the point you wish you were dead, you got it! ACK!So below are a few images, but if you ever get a chance to get your hands on a collection of Bloom County cartoons, I promise you will laugh until you hurt. 
download_zpsbef8a2c6.jpg

Bill_zps27355a8d.jpg
images_zpsc3f32c6d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

omeg

I loved Bloom County cartoons.Always made me laugh out loud.Thanks Mikey7a for the memories. :yourock:

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Mikey! I feel lighter already! Oh wait, I feel enlightened, I meant! Bloom County and Bill the Cat was not a comic strip I read back in the day.  When you said Bill the Cat in chat, this is who I thought you were talking about.  :homer: LOL-- Edited by Mben on Thursday 12th of September 2013 12:21:59 PM

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Mikey! I feel lighter already! Oh wait, I feel enlightened, I meant!Bloom County and Bill the Cat was not a comic strip I read back in the day. I used to read the comics a lot though and just don't remember that one. When you said Bill the Cat in chat, this is who I thought you were talking about.   Wrong cat, Mben! That is Felix the Cat! :homer: LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaes14