1. Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration
    Dismiss Notice

Can we have a memorial thread about someone that most of you have no idea who it is?

Discussion in 'GENERAL DISCUSSION' started by PSP, Aug 8, 2018.

1. PSP

PSP Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds

2. PSP

If you were a hockey fan back in the 60s and 70s, you were aware of Stan Mikita - Chicago Blackhawks legend. He died yesterday at 78. You might have recognized the name if you watched "Wayne's World" back in the day, or you happened to be a doughnut aficionado! :thumb:
    Mben and PMM like this.
  3. PSP

stan_mikita_donuts_nhl.0.jpg
    Mben and PMM like this.
  4. PMM

PMM No Deposit Forum Moderator Staff Member

I never followed hockey much, but I have heard the name thru the years so I knew of him.

An amazing hockey player.
    Mben likes this.
  5. Mben

Mben No Deposit Forum Administrator Staff Member

"most of you have no idea who it is"

I'm one of the "most".
    PMM likes this.
  6. PSP

Mben and PMM like this.
  7. PSP

The NHL is different than any other professional sport. It used to be that the players were humble and from a small town somewhere - aka nowhere.

The players were honest and accessible - not always the case today, but more likely than not. You weren't likely to see the gold chains and attitude. They knew that they were special, but were humble enough to associate with us mere mortals.

I met a bunch of them "back in the day" - their honesty and innocence ruined pro sports for me in the future....
    Mben and PMM like this.