• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Columbus Day

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
It's Columbus Day in the USA. Even though it's a public holiday, do you think it's one we should acknowledge? Columbus Day, which is annually on the second Monday of October, remembers Christopher Columbus' arrival to the Americas on October 12, 1492. This holiday is controversial because the European settlement in the Americas led to the demise of the history and culture of the indigenous peoples.

Last edited by a moderator:

omeg

I am possibly going to draw some thumbs down to me, but tis is one Holiday that is not, shall I say, as important to me.I appreciate what Columbus did of course, but is it necessary to close down banks and postal service over a Holiday such as this?All I am saying is the fact that, if truth be told, many folks don't exactly have a Columbus Day Party. No one celebrates this holiday, such as other Holidays.If I am wrong, and people celebrate this Holiday, I apologize, but as far as I know, there isn't alot of celebrating going on for Columbus Day.Me? I celebrate Halloween much more than Columbus day, and many are the same way, but we certainly dont have to close the banks and other federal services to do this.Just my opinion.............
hmm.gif

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
PMM2008 wrote: Guess there was a parade in New York....I stand corrected. lol
Hey, I threw on my 1492 garb and danced around my living room in celebration so don't say no one celebrates it!LMAO!!!!!! :laughhard: JUST KIDDING, PAM! I agree with you that it is not a holiday that needs to shut down the postal services and other services. Especially to honor a man that discovered a land that was already discovered by it's inhabitants.   

omeg

Hey, do you have a hat like Columbus? I have a purse and heels that would go with it so good.  :laughhard::laughhard:Send it to me soon.........COD