• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Full Disclosure time...

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
While I may seem immortal and indestructible, that is apparently not the case. Back in August, I had an a-fib incident which was uncomfortable but not life threatening. As a result, I started seeing a cardiologist to make sure everything was in good shape. In the process of doing all of his testing, he determined that the valve in my aorta has a genetic flaw which needs to be fixed. Trust me - it sounds much worse than it actually is. The "fix" is a procedure kind of like an angiogram where they insert a replacement valve on top of the original valve. The procedure is called TAVR and is incredibly safe - for heart surgery, anyway. I'm sure that many of the posters here have had heart issues where they had stents inserted - this is just like a big stent.

The alternative is full-blown open heart surgery to replace the valve after opening your chest, heart/lung machine, etc - not a pretty picture. My condition is considered "low risk" at the moment, which means that it needs to be addressed, but not to the extent of opening me up like something at KFC. It's been like that my whole life, so I'm not concerned in the least.

Why did I post this? - other than for mass quantities of sympathy? :no:

One of the things that you have to do to prepare for this is take care of any dental issues that have been delayed. This is due to the chance that dental infections can cause heart issues. Just in case that there was any question about my heritage (Irish / English and their terrible history of incredibly bad teeth), my mouth has been an area of concern for many years. I got everything else handled over the past few weeks, but there were several teeth that were way past the point of hope and had to be extracted. I had those extractions done today - just in time for Thanksgiving! Nothing says giving thanks like subsisting on mashed potatoes during this holiday season!

So, to conclude, I am sitting here - starving and in OMG pain. Just hoping that my new tooth-less condition doesn't mean that I am relegated to a white trash / trailer park existence until I end up on Cops or Live PD...
:facepalm:

Reactions: Mben

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
So, to conclude, I am sitting here - starving and in OMG pain. Just hoping that my new tooth-less condition doesn't mean that I am relegated to a white trash / trailer park existence until I end up on Cops or Live PD...
Omg, I was so ready to shower you with sympathy, then this happened after reading the last line.

tenor.gif
:biglol:

But I do wish you the best, a speedy recovery, and all that jazz! :heart:

Reactions: PMM

PSP

I appreciate the response! That's all I am looking for!

PMM

Getting older is not for wimps!

I am sorry that you have had such a tough time lately.

I am wishing you a speedy recovery and I am sure you will be back to your old self in no time. (Unless of course you die of starvation in the meantime.)

Honestly, I feel for you more than you could know. I had to get a tooth pulled about 2 years ago as it could not be saved. It is visible when I smile, and I was/am still sooo self conscious about it. Felt like a freak, and swore never to smile again. I eventually got a 'replacement' which was not a real tooth of course, but hid the fact I had lost a tooth close to the front. I am sure you too will get some type of 'replacement' when your mouth has time to heal. No need to move the family home to the trailer park just yet.

Anyways, like I said, getting older is not for wimps.

Happy Thanksgiving. If your mouth is still hurting really bad, get the blender out, make a turkey slurpee. :biglol:

PSP

Looks like my "surgery" will happen January 9, so if you don't hear from me after that, you will know what happened! :surprise:

Of course, the odds of something fatal happening are less than 1%, but you never know...

Reactions: Mben and PMM

PMM

I'll keep good thoughts and send prayers PSP for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery!

PSP

I'll keep good thoughts and send prayers PSP for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery!

Good thoughts would be appreciated! Prayers might make me liable to be struck by lightning :surprise: Apparently I've watched too many Sam Kinison videos...

It's not easy being a heretic! :thumb:

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
Looks like my "surgery" will happen January 9, so if you don't hear from me after that, you will know what happened! :surprise:

Of course, the odds of something fatal happening are less than 1%, but you never know...
We better hear from you, otherwise I will come hunt you down! I mean it!

You are and will be in my thoughts, my friend.

Reactions: PMM

PSP

Well, all is now REALLY set for Wednesday January 9! I am actually quite excited to get my energetic life back. I am supposed to be in the hospital overnight or possibly 2 nights, so we shall see. If I'm not back here by Saturday, you can start the "sad talking and slow walking"...

... but don't count on it! It is much tougher killing off the truly evil amongst us!

PMM

You will be in my thoughts and prayers. We need you PSP so get back here as soon as possible.

Would it be too much to ask if you would log in right after your surgery?

Get someone to give you a laptop or something.

I know you will be groggy, and confused, but I need you to log in because I need my daily dose of funny pics.

Just kidding...:biglol:

Looking forward to seeing you back on the forum.

Godspeed to you my friend.

PSP

I will try to do something from my phone - no guarantees about how coherent that it might be, but even at that it will probably be better than most of the posters here!

(Have I pissed off and embarrassed enough people yet?)

:thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
face699