• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Gas prices up for 7 days in a row.....

omeg

Yep, another hike here too.
doh.gif
$3.89 here in Mid Michigan.  OUCH....                                                                                  Pam

Last edited by a moderator:

omeg

Oh, gas took a nice drop today and fell to $3.72/gal.Run everyone, fill the gas cans, fill the car, quick, it's bargain day.                                                                                  Pam

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
No drops here - Regular unleaded is $4.18/gal here right now

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
I paid $3.39 two days ago and if I would have paid cash, it would have been .02 cheaper per gallon. Also, I am not fueling up at Shell or Exxon. This was a rinky dink gas station I stopped at called Fuel To Go lol

omeg

Our gas prices are doing the wierdest thing.One side of town has it for as low as $3.72/galA few streets over it is $3.82/galAnd on the other side of town it is 3.91/galMy town is not that large, so I dont get why the prices are all over the board.                                                                             Pam

krystalkitty

Greedy Gambler
Sauk Centre has a pop. of about 3400. We have 6 gas stations. They are never but 1c of higher or lower. Today gas is 2.76, yesterday it was 2.85. The day before 2.74. Don't understand the yo yo effect.

PSP

krystalkitty wrote: Sauk Centre has a pop. of about 3400. We have 6 gas stations. They are never but 1c of higher or lower. Today gas is 2.76, yesterday it was 2.85. The day before 2.74. Don't understand the yo yo effect.
  I don't understand why gas is well over $4/gal here in California and less than $3/gal there ...

Mben

Staff member
PSP wrote:
krystalkitty wrote: Sauk Centre has a pop. of about 3400. We have 6 gas stations. They are never but 1c of higher or lower. Today gas is 2.76, yesterday it was 2.85. The day before 2.74. Don't understand the yo yo effect.
  I don't understand why gas is well over $4/gal here in California and less than $3/gal there ...
She's closer to the Middle East??  

omeg

doh.gif
doh.gif
   Ohhhh boy:Read it and weep folks:Gas is $3.95/gal here. Shot up yesterday, so I know it likely went up in other places as well.                                                                                                    Pam

omeg

Gas holding at $3.94 /gal here.Did some figures yesterday for my move to Florida.If the rental truck gets 16 mpg and gas is $4.50 gal, it will cost me $400 in gas to get down to Ft Myers.  This trip is so exciting to plan, but when I figured out yesterday the cost of gas, it kinda took the wind out of my sails.                                                                                     Pam

smosey

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Oregon here GAS hit $4.00 a gallon. I cant believe it I dont know why I am sure its going to get even higher. How much more do we have to take!!! Someone stop the madness!!! Smosey

omeg

smosey wrote: Oregon here GAS hit $4.00 a gallon. I cant believe it I dont know why I am sure its going to get even higher. How much more do we have to take!!! Someone stop the madness!!! Smosey
 I know $4.00 gal is right around the corner for us here. Lord have Mercy.                                                                                    Pam 

sporty883

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Gee, do you think if they start regulating gas prices like everything else in our lives maybe the price would go down ? They are all so eager to get up in our business.

Mben

Staff member
I paid $3.55 this morning here in Tucson. That was for regular unleaded. I can't afford the premium at $3.77 a gallon. lol

omeg

Oh Gawdd....It happened. Over night the price of gas went from $3.94 to $4.14 gal.What a sad day......
doh.gif
bleh.gif
                                                                               Pam

omeg

I am watching gas come down slowly in my area.  I honestly have been praying for a break for all of us with the price of gas.As some of you know, I have my Florida move planned for the 5th of June, and if gas continues to come down, it will save me a great deal of money. Right now in my area it is $3.81/gal.   That is a great deal difference from a couple weeks ago when it was well over $4 a gallon.I have a 16ft truck reserved thru Penske truck rental, and I know that beast likely has lousy gas mileage. Is anyone still paying above $4 /gal ?                                                                                         Pam

omeg

Gas running $3.76/gal here this morning.Hoping it continues to make a downward trend.I'm looking at 1441 miles in just over a week now.                                                                           Pam

PSP

A quick thought - Does the truck definitely use gasoline? Many of the trucks that size are diesel - and diesel here is closer to $4.50/gal

Mben

Staff member
Truck .......... gas or deisel, Pam? Inquiring minds want to know. lol

omeg

Mben wrote: Truck .......... gas or deisel, Pam? Inquiring minds want to know. lol
 The truck is gas.  If I go any bigger than 16ft they become deisel. (and I would need someone to drive the beast to Florida for me.)     Estimate if they get 8-10 miles to a gallon of gas a , I need 140 gallons of gas.  Piece of cake. 
doh.gif

bleh.gif
ashamed.gif
no.gif
I feel sick.                                                                                            Pam

Mben

Staff member
PMM2008 wrote:
 Estimate if they get 8-10 miles to a gallon of gas a , I need 140 gallons of gas.  Piece of cake. 
doh.gif

bleh.gif
ashamed.gif
no.gif
 YIKES!!!! Here's a few party blowers to go with your piece of cake! 
party.gif

party.gif

party.gif

party.gif

party.gif

omeg

Gee, thanks alot. I knew I could count on you to make me feel better. In all seriousness, I knew this trip would be a costly affair.  I have planned for it, and will do my best to make it a success.Good thoughts and prayers for my safe arrival in Florida are welcome. Its a long road from this home to my new home.                                                                                            PamI'm looking forward to the day I plug in my computer, hit No Deposit Forum , and get back to work from my new place in Florida.