• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Happy Annual National Punctuation Day........Who Knew?!

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
How to Celebrate National Punctuation Day® By Jeff RubinFounderNational Punctuation Day® <a href="http://www.nationalpunctuationday.com/celebrate3.html" >See how people around the U.S. have celebrated National Punctuation Day.</a>I've been giving this a lot of thought, as several newspaper reporters who have interviewed me for stories have asked me this question.Here's a game plan for your celebration of National Punctuation Day® . A few words of caution: Don't overdo it.Sleep late. Take a long shower or bath. Go out for coffee and a bagel (or two). Read a newspaper and circle all of the punctuation errors you find (or think you find, but aren't sure) with a red pen. Take a leisurely stroll, paying close attention to store signs with incorrectly punctuated words. Stop in those stores to correct the owners. If the owners are not there, leave notes. Visit a bookstore and purchase a copy of Strunk & White's The Elements of Style. Look up all the words you circled. Congratulate yourself on becoming a better written communicator. Go home. Sit down. Write an error-free letter to a friend. Take a nap. It has been a long day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Felicie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Hey thats my kind of a day. And the best part is you've got a school kinda thing to begin with and then you turn it into a summer day.   Way mben.  Thanks for sharing. 

Last edited by a moderator: