• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Happy Memorial Day

Mikey7a

PHINSFAN NUMERO UNO
While we are going to the beach, grilling our steaks, and bringing in the Summer, let's all please stop for a moment, and remember the  reason for this holiday. Thanks to all who gave their lives, so that we may enjoy our freedom! God bless, and have a safe, fun, Memorial Day! Semper Fi!

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
I agree. Mikey. Remember those who lost their lives fighting for our country. That's what this holiday is all about.

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
I'm not sure that Happy is the correct greeting for this day. It's a day for reflection and appreciation of the sacrifices that have shaped our country.Have a respectful Memorial Day :thumb:

omeg

When I think of why we celebrate Memorial Day, I am so overcome with emotion.Right now on the CNN website, they have been highlighting troops lost while serving. Many are so young.Giving your life while serving our country to fight for our freedoms, is truely the Ultimate Sacrafice. Tomorrow, many celebrate the start to Summer with get togethers and cookouts.I can tell you at mine, there will be a small prayer said, for all the sacrafices made for this country.God Bless all our active troops, and veterans.

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
PSP wrote: I'm not sure that Happy is the correct greeting for this day. It's a day for reflection and appreciation of the sacrifices that have shaped our country.Have a respectful Memorial Day :thumb:
Would that be considered an oxymoron? Happy Memorial Almost totally! 
wink.gif
Here's a great article that sums up the Happy ...<a href="http://www.chicagonow.com/uncommon-sense/2013/05/happy-memorial-day-05262013/" > http://www.chicagonow.com/uncommon-sense/2013/05/happy-memorial-day-05262013/</a>And Mikey, I'm sure we are not meaning anything by you title-ing your post as such. 
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator: