• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
Have a very Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

forum thanksgiving gif for fb and ig.gif

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
(This is a repost, but it still makes me laugh uncontrollably)

One of my favorite Thanksgiving stories...

About 20 years ago, my wife and I tired of the "in-law wars" - who we would have actual Thanksgiving dinner with, so we "punted" and decided to go to Club Med Ixtapa for Thanksgiving week. We arrived on Saturday prior to Thanksgiving and stayed for the entire week. A great time was had by all - until Thursday dinnertime arrived. Now, let's remember that we are in a French owned resort in Mexico - what do they know about Thanksgiving in America? The "village" (as they call it ) had probably 600 Americans out of the 750 guests there. The French head chef proudly came out prior to dinner on Thursday night to announce that he had researched the American Thanksgiving and, as a result, had prepared a proper feast to celebrate the holiday. He discovered that turkey was the prime requirement for a proper Thanksgiving feast, so as a result, he had prepared turkey for the Americans...

ONE turkey for 650 Americans! They almost had a riot on their hands - I was literally rolling on the floor laughing so hard that I couldn't breathe! We ended up having spaghetti and local fish for our Thanksgiving feast - and it has been part of of our "tradition" ever since!

Pokerhontas

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
(This is a repost, but it still makes me laugh uncontrollably)

One of my favorite Thanksgiving stories...

About 20 years ago, my wife and I tired of the "in-law wars" - who we would have actual Thanksgiving dinner with, so we "punted" and decided to go to Club Med Ixtapa for Thanksgiving week. We arrived on Saturday prior to Thanksgiving and stayed for the entire week. A great time was had by all - until Thursday dinnertime arrived. Now, let's remember that we are in a French owned resort in Mexico - what do they know about Thanksgiving in America? The "village" (as they call it ) had probably 600 Americans out of the 750 guests there. The French head chef proudly came out prior to dinner on Thursday night to announce that he had researched the American Thanksgiving and, as a result, had prepared a proper feast to celebrate the holiday. He discovered that turkey was the prime requirement for a proper Thanksgiving feast, so as a result, he had prepared turkey for the Americans...

ONE turkey for 650 Americans! They almost had a riot on their hands - I was literally rolling on the floor laughing so hard that I couldn't breathe! We ended up having spaghetti and local fish for our Thanksgiving feast - and it has been part of of our "tradition" ever since!
Wow! Is this really a real story?

Reactions: Mben and PSP