• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

How do I get this guy outta my house?!?!

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
OMG, there is a little baby squirrel/chipmunk whatever in my house!! We thought we heard something yesterday and through the night. I thought it was a smoke detector chirping. Ben thought it was bird. But this is what it turned out to be. An Arizona ground squirrel!! OMG! How did it get in here?? We do not leave doors and windows open at all, ever. And how do I catch it?!?!?  
crop_juvenile_yuma_antelope_sq_DSC_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

catadams

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
need my box trap?? lmao....last year i had a freakin bat in my house!!  i had to pee so bad but i wouldnt move off the couch from under the blanket!! lmao

awwwwwwwwwwww its probably scared to death...................i see it the chat that u put out pb.......that was my hubbys idea when i asked him too hope it goes out on its own atleast *knocks on wood* its not a snake id be calling 911 screaming like the crazy lady i am !!!!"
"
let us know what happens

crazyashell

CRAZY ROLLER
I remember when my mother was sleeping in your bed and she woke up to nose and what she seen was a BAT in her bedroom ooooooooooboy did she scream and got on the phone and called 911 for help thay did come and get the BAT out and the BAT came from the chimney will i have to say my mother did fix that very fast no BATS since that one

Mben

Staff member
crazyashell wrote: I remember when my mother was sleeping in your bed and she woke up to nose and what she seen was a BAT in her bedroom ooooooooooboy did she scream and got on the phone and called 911 for help thay did come and get the BAT out and the BAT came from the chimney will i have to say my mother did fix that very fast no BATS since that one
Ok crazyashell, now whose bed was your mother sleeping in because I don't remember her in mine!! LOL (sorry, I had to comment on that. It was funny!) So here's the update on the lil guy ....................... We thought we heard it in the laundry room, so we opened the door to the outside and shut the laundry door in hopes it would just run out. Well later on I heard him and not like he was in the laundry room. So I opened the laundry door and left the outside door open. I have not heard him since and he was being very vocal yesterday. Sounded something like I WANT MY MOMMA!!!! lol I hope he was able to find his way back outside to his momma and not dead behind my stove. (I'll check) I think I would rather being dealing with him than a bat or a snake in my house. That's for sure. The rattlesnakes are better if they stay out of the house. That reminds me of a time when I had a rattlesnake in my front drive and my cocker spaniel was getting a little too close to it and the snake really wanted a piece of that dog. I had to take care of the snake. Five rounds later, I finally got him. Which is good because someone would have called the sheriffs on me wondering what all the shooting was about. lol Oh and more more story. lol  I'm sitting on my front steps and look up the drive and there is an Emu walking towards me and the house. Too funny to see this animal out of no where come walking over to visit me. Coyotes, javelinas, rabbits, prairie dogs all the norm around here but an Emu??? Someone's pet got out and I ran in and he went on about his business and left. Too funny!  

Felicie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Someone told them all your house is the Zoo. LOL Try a long trail of peanuts leading out the door and then stay back and I bet he finds his way out. keep kids, cats and dogs and emu's away from the area. LOL you're funny. :)"

MommyMachine

A Mommy Machine
OMG I was wondering where my emu went that day , sorry mben I will make sure the gate is locked from now on...his name is ernie..lmfao

Mben

Staff member
Please do mommy! LOL"
"
Ernie the Emu

leeann

Hi Mben, yes he is qute like mommy said, but be aware these animals are know for rabies.  I suggest you get it out of the way as soon as possible.  I, myself has a lion as a pet, I got it when it was a baby, she is now a grownup and still come and go like a cat in my house, she sleeps at my bedside at night, I made sure she got all her injections and is very very healthy.  Please be carefull with that thingy, espesially by your grandchild, that qute thing bite horrible.keep well dearloviesleeann

crazyashell

CRAZY ROLLER
MBEN have you tryed to call animal control to come and get your pet out of your house for once and for all when you call say help me i have a wild animal in my house LOL good luck mben with you small friend

Mben

Staff member
Update on my furry friend ..................."
"
He's still here. Ben saw him this morning come out from under the couch. "
"
We are concerned that he may be carrying diseases and fleas and what have you so I am in the process of calling all my friends to see if they have small animal trap that I can borrow. If no one does, then I will call Animal Control or Game and Fish and see if they can help. "
"
Kind of nuts that we can't seem to catch this little guy on our own though. Calling 911 made me giggle only because I can see these big brawny guys coming in and running around trying to catch a little squirrel for me. (I worked in the medical field in a clinic where calling 911 was done every so often and when the paramedics/firemen walked in they would make the women's heads turn for a double take. Hmmm.......maybe I will call 911! LOL) "
"
I will keep you all updated.

pocketnut

POCKETNUT PLAYER
leeann wrote: Hi Mben, yes he is qute like mommy said, but be aware these animals are know for rabies.  I suggest you get it out of the way as soon as possible.  I, myself has a lion as a pet, I got it when it was a baby, she is now a grownup and still come and go like a cat in my house, she sleeps at my bedside at night, I made sure she got all her injections and is very very healthy.  Please be carefull with that thingy, espesially by your grandchild, that qute thing bite horrible.keep well dearloviesleeann
Are you joking or do you really have a lion as a pet. And If you really do, do you run a shelter or something or did you just decide to go down to your local pet store and buy a Lion...lol..Just curious

allyoopers

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I live in a suburb of Chicago, but lately I might as well be in a more rural area...I saw a coyote running behind my neighbors house last week...there are always rabbits hopping around in my back yard and they had better be alert because there is a ginormous hawk in the neighborhood swooping around looking for its next meal,we see possums and the last big rainy season we had a raccoon chew its way into our attic (that was fun...NOT!!) Whacko squirrels digging in our garden woodpeckers keeping up racket and destroying wood on houses,owls and the worst nuisance of all, since its getting warmer....young guys with tricked out sound systems bassing it up driving up and down the street....sheesh!!OY!