• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

How Many Of You Would Ride This Roller Coaster?

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
As for me? No way! Coming to Six Flags Fiesta Texas 2015 [video=[MEDIA=youtube]mYqp1t65Se8[/MEDIA][/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
That looks sooooo cool! "
Would I ride it .... nooooo! lol

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
Roller coasters are thrilling, but there is virtually no risk that you will get injured or killed. After you do a few extreme activities where there is no guarantee of safety, roller coasters and other thrill rides at amusement parks are really no big deal - i.e., surfing catamarans in large surf[video=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWBvVedo9QU&index=1&list=PLep2W3cQtQX1B5-6QkzDgxHRY-moxRnxT][/video]

PSP

That's not me, but I've done a bunch of similar stuff :thumb:

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Well, I'm not sure about no risk on roller coasters. I was a ride operator at Six Flags Over Texas, and I'm gonna say there is some risk. Last year (I no longer worked there at this point) a woman was killed on the Texas Giant. She flew right out of her seat on the drop at the beginning. I road that coaster as well, ONCE. I swore I would never ride it again because it felt like I was flying out of my seat on the drop as a matter of fact.But I get what you're saying. Plus I KNOW you have done some extreme stuff and survived even more extreme stuff. I imagine that might make roller coasters seem silly to you.But I can assure you - they are not risk free.

Mben

Staff member
Something I always told myself was that these amusement parks have millions and millions of dollars to make their rides completely safe and so I felt comfortable riding the rides at the ones I have actually been to. But there are those freak accidents like the one Sookie mentioned (I remember reading about that one) and another I remember one where a girls legs were chopped off by a wire. That may not have been ride related but was due to faulty equipment. (can't remember the exact story)"
And with that being said, if I had to make a choice between riding that new ride or wing suit diving or catamaran surfing, I'd ride the ride.

PSP

I can think of worse ways to go - for example..... [video=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYhT6FHEpwY][/video]

Mben

Staff member
Oh, thank God he pulled his head outta his ass! hahahaha

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
:omg:
disbelief.gif
disbelief.gif
disbelief.gif
disbelief.gif
disbelief.gif