• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

How many smokers do we have on the forum?

steif3

Banned
Been smoking for 17 years now with no end in sight. Sometimes I really want to quit but most of the time I don't. It just tastes so good after a meal or a workout. Maybe some day? Probably not!!"
"
steif3

whiskey

sadangel.gif
soooooooooo sad!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Vicky

Banned
SMOKER...GUILTY
sniff.gif
But being in the USA I might not be for longThey'll probably ban that to
sniff.gif

Janet0023

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Yeap I'm a smoker all the way!!! But trying to quit it so hard!! Plus how expensive cigaretts are. Man I wish I did not start smoking! Bad for your health too.

unsoughtpoet

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I am 35 yrs old and I've been a smoker for 26 of them,I am also a singer, and so I should quit.I am a chronic asthmatic, and so I definitely should quit...(in which for some reason, weird as it may be, a cig will help me breath again faster and more effectively then an inhaler or 15 min on a nebulizer machine...my theory is that the smoke expands and inflates my lungs more... with that the pressure to release it again or exhale is increased which gives the added force needed to push the air out through the affected bronchial tubes...lol which equates to getting the old air out so i can get new air in! My doctor does not argue this with me and agrees with my theory as it could be a positive aid during an attack but urges that the long term effects of smoking will come to weigh in on the negative side of things and my lungs will not function enough to inhale the cig to use this so called method.)And so....I absolutely should quit!I am also the only smoker in my home that is not new but is newly remodeled and have been kicked out as well....but my basement corner office is MY sanctuary and I control this space so here i sit with smoke in hand... but still I know I should quit.I am also a mother of three, my youngest (8yrs) has asthma as well and by NO means would I ever let him test my theory!!! And so....I should just quit!My other two are teens and faced with peer pressures as well,...**luckily for me I am not seen as a hippocrate but more of an example of what not to do, they hate the smell and I have let them know mathematically, in financial terms, what this stupid thing I am addicted to adds up to after 26 years (adv. cost over the years =$3.25 a pack, assuming I only smoked 1 pack a day -yea right- so that's x 365 days in a year x 26 years and counting!) then I let their logical side be the judge,....see if they are willing to risk their future children's college education on something so stupid to even waste even one breath on....? or about 5yrs of mortgage payments on their home....just to show off how grown up you are? or a brand new $31,000.00 car...just to be cool and do what all your friends & everyone else (even your mom) is doing?...NOPE, NOT MY GIRLS! My Girls Are Smart! They couldn't be bribed with $10,000.00 to ever smoke and I'd bet 10 grand on that fact! They also now know how stupid I am, but that's okay by me.... to use my errors in my life choices as examples to help them be better than I am ...even at the high price of exposure of my stupidity ...whatever it takes to do my job as a mother and instill all of me that is good, detour them from repeating any of my mistakes, teach them all that I have learned from my experiences in life(good or bad) & also giving them any knowledge (which warrants any validity)I may have learned from others, and finally, give them all my love and support to be the best they can be and hope they turn out even better than me! lolBut still, I know I should quit!I also stopped during each pregnancy and started as soon as my legs could get me to the smoking area outside the hospital....lol, I hate myself for smoking and that is all I hold against me as a person, as a mother,.....but I quit for respect of the life inside me, not for my own life, not for my own good will, Therefore to REALLY quit I would need to respect myself and care about my good will and care about my life...in which I do but only for their sakes...and so I still smoked after each pregnancy. But, of course,.... I should still try to quit!So, since then, I have found enough self respect to try to quit,(six times over the last 8 yrs lol) and did amazingly well at it each time.(as funny as that sounds... each time lol) HERE IN LIES THE PROBLEM... I AM CURSED!!! Now my kids don't even push for me to quit and the hubby is okay with my smoking in the house down in my office, and nobody is holding it against me how much $$ is being invested in slowly sucking the life right out of me by aiding those future health issues with my asthma....BECAUSE THEY ALSO KNOW THAT I AM CURSED!SO HERE'S MY QUIT SMOKING CURSE:EACH & EVERYTIME, I HAVE TRIED TO QUIT,...*there are 6 attempts in total*I MAKE IT 3 MONTHS. (at 3 months I wasn't trying to quit anymore, I had quit,it was over and you couldn't pay me to start again)THEN, SOMEONE VERY CLOSE TO ME DIES.Never having lost anyone so close before...this is a new stress and an emotional trigger that warrants a few smokes for sure! Don't care about very much at that place in time...the least of which being myself, and so I smoked.Well, as the say, Time heals all wounds and after some had passed I felt better and tried the quitting thing again...3 months ...all is well....I'm a non smoker again....THEN, SOMEONE VERY CLOSE TO ME DIES.THIS HAS BEEN REPEATED SIX TIMES!I HAVE LOST SIX,...I HAVE ONLY SIX LEFTI AM DOWN TO : MY DAD, MY BRO, MY DAUGHTERS, MY SON, AND MY HUBBY, (AS FAR AS THOSE OF WHICH I CONCIDER TO BE CLOSE ) ... AND I'D RATHER KILL MYSELF SLOWLY THAN TEST THE CURSE THEORY AT THIS POINT... AND THEY ALL VERY MUCH AGREE!SO, BY NO MEANS, SHOULD I EVER, EVER, EVER, QUIT! I will post my tips on how I got through those first weeks and was able to be smoke free at a later date, need to rest my fingers and my lungs cause writing this I've smoked 2/3rds of a pack and also I am in need of a tissue...-- Edited by unsoughtpoet at 06:05, 2008-11-23-- Edited by unsoughtpoet at 06:10, 2008-11-23

AceAndyAce

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I know it's very bad for a tennis-teacher to smoke, but in weekends, when i'm off from work, i'd like to do some little smoke just to relax
ashamed.gif

tweety65

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
yeah, i'm a smoker... been for 25 years. quit once for 2 years but realized i was miserable. lol "

victor777

Banned
I'm not a smoker because I don't want my health be in danger. hehe ;)"
"
But if smoking is not dangerous to my health... there's no question, I'm a smoker. For me, smokers are cool because of their stance (aura hehe) but as what I have said... it's dangerous...

peteyweestro

FANTASY FOOTBALL GUY
Well i must say i started smoking when i was 14 and i'm now 40, during this time i have had the oppurtunity to take several state sponsored vacations,(if you get my meaning) and while on these vacations in california we can't smoke when on state sponsored time,so we would resort to smoking coffee grounds,now thats what i call bad,lol but really i would go many  days without tobacco but every time i was let go the first thing i did prior to calling someone to come get me or anything was to go to the store and buy some smokes and a soda,thats pathetic i know, but know i have been smoking roll your own tobacco as it only cost $12 for what basically amounts to a carton which costs $45, so to save some bucks i'll destroy my lungs faster......

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
yeah, i smoke to but im trying to quit"
"
(or at least quit smoking the cigarettes-lol)"
"
jk!

Kraziegurl79

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
My smoking habit is at its worst around the holidays!! I smoke over a pack a day, just about. Too much damn stress!!!

luvinlife55

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Quitting smoking......no problem....it's easy.....I've done it at least 10 times!!! lol Seriously though....what is more satisfying then getting the free spins on Thunderstruck and lighting up a ciggie and watching your pot grow (well most of the time!)!!

linper

I JUST QUIT I HAVE 3 MONTHS THAT I QUIT HAD A BAD ASTHMA ATTACK AT WORK DUE TO SMOKING ON BREAKS,LUNCH ECT. DAYS ARE HOT IN CALIFORNIA SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER LEARN A HARD LESSON BEEN SMOKING FOR ABOUT 12 YEARS MORE OR LESS. WELL THOUGHT IT WOULD BE MUCH HARDER ITS LIKE JUST ONE DAY I STOPPED CRAVING IT I DON'T EVEN TRIP OFF IT WHEN SOMEONE ELSE IS SMOKING OR EVEN IF I'M DRINKING A COUPLE BUD-LIGHT SO FAR SO GOOD BUT I LIVE FROM MINUTE TO MINUTE

trujinx

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
im a smoker and wish i could quit. i have twin girls and i want to be around for them when there older. my wife is all over me to quit. so i think i will give it a try on new years. wish me luck.... but when you have twin you need that smoke break...lol

nmiltche

You can count me as 3 men according to how much I smoke and love smoking !! ;) Sinsemilla is the true to valueing life !! And the truth to best chances of life-changing big prizes is that place you must be sure !!

thrap

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I sure am. Smoked since we discovered fire and anything that burns! Looks like smoking is all part of the gambling scene. Must be summat to do with the addictive part of our brain. Good luck and health to all

conniecb66

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
42 years old here and started when i was 12. have tried so many times to quit but have failed as i am scared of gaining weight. weigh 128 now and first time i tried i got to 145 and i didnt like spending money on clothes when i could of spent money watching the slots roll. i have the patch sitting on table now steps 1,2,3 just staring up at me everytime i walk by. I will pick them up when i get ready to try again and right now its just not the time for me. real soon as i see what my moms going through with all the blood blockage in her legs and neck and all the operations she has been through but she finally did quit after 35yrs of smoking. it will be very soon i try agin i can feel it.

Kraziegurl79

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Bad news, smokers! The price of cigarettes will be going up yet again on April 1st! Will YOU quit? I'm not! I'm not going to let the goverment control me and what to do with my body! Besides, I get coupons in the mail! LOL