• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

How Would You Feel And What Would You Do After Winning $293 Million?

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
According to this <a href="http://www.sfgate.com/business/prweb/article/Latest-Powerball-Winners-Must-Remain-Grounded-to-4083430.php" target="_self">article</a>, after winning half of the record Powerball Jackpot of $587 million last week, Cindy and Mark Hill of Dearborn, Mo, (population 496) claimed their massive prize and had this to say ...What do the Hills plan to do with their winnings? They have considered adopting again, according to the NBC News report. In addition to new cars and extravagant vacations, the couple plans to start college funds for their extended family and the local high school, the lottery said.Still, however, the Hills are not yet comfortable with their new-found wealth. We're still stunned by what's happened. It's surreal and people keep asking us, 'What are you going to buy with it?' I just want to go home and be back to normal, Cindy Hill, 51, told reporters at the press conference.How can people prepare themselves to take on their new found fortune? Read <a href="http://answers.followme.org/wealth/lottery-winners-where-are-they-now" >here</a> and find out what has become of other jackpot winners. From the above mentioned article, the Hill's seem to be grounded so hopefully, they will not end up on this list of other jackpot winners. So where is the winner from AZ? According to this <a href="http://www.azcentral.com/community/scottsdale/articles/20121129powerball-arizona-winning-ticket-fountain-hills-abrk.html" >article</a>, allegedly, the ticket was bought in Fountain Hills, AZ by a man from Marlboro Village, MD (that's the city where this person acted as if he won in front of a store clerk). However, a television state in the Washington, D.C., area is reporting that a man walked into a store in Marlboro Village, Maryland, on Thursday, pulled out a few Powerball tickets and checked the numbers. He began pumping his arms in the air. He asked a clerk and a customer to look at the numbers. Both told a reporter from WJLA  that the numbers match the winning Powerball numbers. The man with the tickets said he bought them in Arizona, according to WJLA. Powerball officials have not confirmed that report.  

Mben

Staff member
All I can say is that I was not the winner from Arizona. Belgamo would have had to find a new moderator pretty quick if it was me. lol For those who say they would keep on working ... yeah right! lol Best of luck to the winners! It's funny that someone dirt poor is sending luck to instant mega millionaires, but sometimes being on the opposite end of being a millionaire has it's advantages. (read the lottery winners - where are they now article ... scary!)-- Edited by Mben on Monday 3rd of December 2012 12:12:46 PM

daremeto

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Just my luck i would have a heart attack and not be able to enjoy the money lmao. but seriously i could not wrap my brain around the idea of having that much money, and i don't know if i would want that much money to be honest. it was a struggle to get here but i am at a comfortable stage in my life and i like it here. having that much money brings up a whole new can of worms that i would not want to open i think

omeg

I would like to think I could handle winning that much money. Not go over the top with things and end up on one of those shows about what happens to lottery winners.I would pay off bills, pay off my familes bills, and give to certain charities generosly. You bet I would have a nice house, car and take care of the ones I love. All the good things you can do with the wealth.The part I wouldnt like would be allllll the people who would suddenly claim to be your friend. I gotta say, if you were suddenly there for me after the money showed up, and not before, I would be mighty skeptical. hahaCongrats to the winners. I hope they find new happiness like they never dreamed was possible.

Mben

Staff member
Mben wrote: So where is the winner from AZ? According to this <a href="http://www.azcentral.com/community/scottsdale/articles/20121129powerball-arizona-winning-ticket-fountain-hills-abrk.html" >article</a>, allegedly, the ticket was bought in Fountain Hills, AZ by a man from Marlboro Village, MD (that's the city where this person acted as if he won in front of a store clerk). However, a television state in the Washington, D.C., area is reporting that a man walked into a store in Marlboro Village, Maryland, on Thursday, pulled out a few Powerball tickets and checked the numbers. He began pumping his arms in the air. He asked a clerk and a customer to look at the numbers. Both told a reporter from WJLA  that the numbers match the winning Powerball numbers. The man with the tickets said he bought them in Arizona, according to WJLA. Powerball officials have not confirmed that report.  
We have a winner from AZ folks! Arizona's winning Powerball lottery ticket has finally been claimed. Lottery officials say the second Powerball winner is a man in his 30s from Fountain Hills, Ariz.The man bought one of two tickets in last week's record $577.5 million drawing, but he isn't stepping into the spotlight just yet.The Arizona Lottery said Friday the winner opted to take the cash option of $192 million. He declined to take part in the news conference held Friday in Phoenix.The ticket was sold at a convenience store in Fountain Hills, northeast of Phoenix.Lottery officials wouldn't release the name or address of the winner.The Arizona winner will split the second largest Powerball jackpot in the lottery's history, with Missouri winners Mark and Cindy Hill who came forward to claim their prize last month. <a href="http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=20290137" >source</a>

Last edited by a moderator:

Mben

Staff member
The AZ Powerball winner has a name!

The AZ Powerball winner has a name! Arizona Lottery officials have released the name of the man who claimed half of the record Powerball jackpot.The Lottery says Matthew Good took the one-time payout of $192 million from the Nov. 28 drawing.Good is in his 30s and from the wealthy Phoenix suburb of Fountain Hills, where the ticket was sold. He bought $10 worth and kept the winning slip in the visor of his car overnight before realizing he was a multimillionaire. After Good and his wife learned of their good fortune, he pulled together a team of financial advisers and decided to take his share this month to avoid potentially higher taxes in 2013.The name was released in response to a public records request.The other winning ticket was sold in Dearborn, Mo.<a href="http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=20306457" >source</a> $10 worth of tickets and they are instant megamillioaires! What luck! Also, looks like he did his homework before going public. Let's hope he and his wife do not make it on the where are they now list. Read <a href="http://answers.followme.org/wealth/lottery-winners-where-are-they-now" >here</a> and find out what has become of other jackpot winners.(PS - This will be my last entry to the Powerball that none of us won story. lol)

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
face699