• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

I have a new edition to my family!

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
Since my recent breakup and me moving into my apartment all by myself with my lil chihuahua Mika, I had to put her down about a month ago. Poor lil girl was old and was starting to lose function of her back legs. So I did the humane thing and not let her suffer anymore.

Since then all I have to talk to when I am at home are the walls and myself on occasion. The scary part is that I did start answering myself. lol

My daughter noticed I have not been myself this last week or so (which I never in a million years thought I would be affected by living alone because I like to be alone more than I like to be around people but when I choose to, not when it is forced on me).

Friends and family have suggested that I get a new pet but I kept saying no, that I was ok and didn't want one. But these last couple of weeks, I have mentioned going on Craigslist to look for a free puppy or kitten. Trying to decide which one was less work and responsibility. Cats are quite the independant animals.

Last night while at Walmart with my daughter and boyfriend, they went to the pet section and started picking up all sorts of cat stuff, food, litter box, toys and a playhouse. I asked why and they said because his sister had gotten a kitten and was getting ready to move into her new house and they were getting her set up. I thought how nice that they are generous like that.

We get to her house afterward and her boyfriend tells me to not sit on the couch because he had to get under it. He lifts it up from one end (the guy is huge lol) and TWO lil kittens come running out from under it. A grey one and a black one. The black one was for his sister and they said "SURPRISE, the grey one is yours! And all the stuff we bought is for you!" They had found the kittens on Craiglist that day and did not pay for these lil guys but gave two unwanted lil kittens a home.

I didn't jump up and down with excitement (if I was 12 maybe lol) but I was blown away that my daughter would have that in her heart to make sure that her mom would be ok. Thank you Bri!

My grandson named him Charlie. I was thinking I got him close to Halloween so some kind of Halloween related name. Then I put it all together and said ok to Charlie. Charlie Brown, for the cartoon "It's the great pumpkin, Charlie Brown". lol My crazy way of thinking.

He stayed under my couch and bed all night but did manage to find his food (not hard) AND his litter box in the dark, in the bathroom. See, cats are so independant. By now, I would have had to take a puppy outside a million times already.

Since he has not come out yet, i have no pictures but as soon as he does, I will take some and post them.

Thanks for letting me share my story.

Last edited:

krystalkitty

Greedy Gambler
WTG Michele....I am a die-hard cat adopter!! Will be looking forward to seeing Charlie's picture...Cats are so much less work than dogs....

queenmap

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Very nice story and can't wait to see pics. I am sure Charlie will get much needed affection from you.

omeg

Welcome Home Charlie...........:roll:I think that is terrific Mben. Animals are wonderful.You and Charlie will get along great.                                                              Pam

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
And here is Charlie!He came out late last night and crept past me while I was sitting on the floor very still, to get to his food. I almost snatched him him up but he's so dang fast. lol
download.spark

download.spark
  -- Edited by Mben on Tuesday 1st of November 2011 12:31:52 PM

Last edited by a moderator:

omeg

Charlie is adorable.Hunger......Even the most timid will be brought out. haha                                                      Pam