• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Malibu went to doggie heaven on Saturday....

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
(Let me state for the record before we get into this post that I don't believe in people heaven, so doggie heaven is problematic...)

Today is a sad day around the homestead. One of our doggies, Malibu had to go to sleep today. We tried everything we could to get him to recover from his latest malady (the assumption was that it was an infection of the sinuses, but we all knew that it was really cancer) while dealing with his blindness, diabetes, tumors, etc. Up until this morning, he seemed like his conditions didn't rule him or control him. Prior to breakfast this morning, he had a major seizure / heart attack which left him not able to move or enjoy life anymore. He led a very charmed and privileged life with our entire family essentially catering to his every whim.

Daughter Kristin could not have been any more helpful in dealing with his "departure". Being the blubbering idiot that I am, I couldn't go in and be with Malibu in his final moments, but she and SIL Tony were with him when the time came. I thank them for the strength to be able to do that.

Malibu (or Boo Boo as I called him) was an incredible PITA, but he was the sweetest doggie that you could ever meet! He will be tremendously missed!

Reactions: PMM and Mben

PSP

His doggie "buddies" are doing fine in his absence, so all is well! Not to go all Disney on you, but the Circle of Life has spoken!

... and the first one who throws out a Hakuna Mutata on me will be dead to me for life! :surprise:

PSP

There is never a good way knowing if it is the "right time". Malibu was extremely difficult to read. One day he would be improving and happy doggie. The next day was complete gloom and doom - just waiting for the other shoe to drop. He seemed pretty good Saturday morning prior to breakfast, so I gave him his morning carrot (which was one of the pure pleasures in his life). Thirty seconds later, I heard a loud thump and he was on his side in the throes of a very serious seizure or it could have been a heart attack - either way, it became very clear that his time had come.

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
So sorry for your loss, PSP. Let's hope there is a doggie heaven so we are reunited with the ones we loved so much.

How old was Malibu?

PSP

He was a Golden Lab, so he was 12 - that is relatively old for a Golden Lab
Malibu.png

Reactions: Mben and PMM

PMM

He looks to be the sweetest baby ever!

I've been through it PSP, losing a beloved pet, as early as last February.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I do believe in doggie heaven, and I do believe in real heaven.

You will see your Malibu again.

Reactions: Mben