• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Identity Of New Jersey's $521 Million 'Mega Millions' Winner Still Not Known

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
RIVERDALE NJ — Speculation is swirling around the identity of the world's newest multi-millionare who has yet to come forward after winning $521 million in Friday's Mega Millions drawing, lottery officials said.

The single winner purchased the winning ticket at a highway Lukoil mini-mart in the fourth largest payout in the game's history.

Lottery officials have not identified the winner yet, but that's not for lack of trying. They reviewed the retailer's surveillance footage from the day the ticket was sold, but have not been able to identify the winner, a spokeswoman told The Record and Northjersey.com.

A cashier said Monday morning they were able to determine the winner is a man. She said they matched the date and time of the winning ticket based on information they received from lottery officials and observed a man buying the ticket.

Lottery tickets are date and time-stamped, confirmed MaryAnn Rivell of the NJ Lottery, but she cautioned against speculation.

"We're always real cautious about that," Rivell said. "Until the ticket is actually validated, they don't have a claim."

In New Jersey a winner’s name and town is made public, according the NJ Lottery. However, it's believed that winners can create trusts to claim their prizes and remain anonymous.

Meanwhile later today, lottery officials will present a ceremonial bonus check to the owner of the Route 23 gas station. The owner will receive $30,000, according to NJ Lottery officials.

New Jersey Lottery Acting Executive Director John M. White will present the check to the owner of the gas station. Riverdale Mayor Paul Carelli is expected to attend along with Lottery officials, who were also hoping to have the winner of a $200,000 scratch-off ticket present.

Before last week, that amount was the most ever won from lottery products purchased from what has become New Jersey's luckiest lottery retailer.

The $521 million prize is the largest in New Jersey lottery history, and it's the 10th highest in the United States. The winning numbers from the March 30 drawing were: 11, 28, 31, 46, and 59. The Gold Mega Ball is 1 and the Megaplier is 3. The long-anticipated hit came after 24 draws and increasing jackpots.

lotto.jpg

An attendant speaks to reporters after the NJ Lottery announced the winning Mega Millions ticket,
worth $521 million, was sold at the Lukoil station on Route 23 south in Riverdale.
(Photo: Jai Agnish/NorthJersey.com)

source

Reactions: PMM

PMM

If it were me? I'd be on the lottery office steps waiting for the place to open to claim my prize!

Open Open Open with my face smashed against the glass of the door. :biglol:

open.png

Reactions: Mben

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph1861