• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

\I'll Have Another\ Trainer Suspended For 45 Days

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
After a two year battle, I'll Have Another's trainer Doug O'Neill has been handed a 45 days suspension. What was he suspended for? Because one of his horses exceeding the allowable limit for total carbon dioxide. He was cited by the racing board after his horse, Argenta, tested for a high level of TCO2 in its blood after finishing eighth in a race at Del Mar on Aug. 25, 2010. TCO2 is associated with milkshaking, the illegal practice of giving a horse a blend of bicarbonate of soda, sugar and electrolytes.He holds firm that he did not give his horse the illegal performance-enhancing mixture and California racing officials agreed with O'Neill but still found fault because of a rule that says trainers are ultimately responsible for horses in their care.So, whats the big deal? The big deal is that the horse I'll Have Another has won the Kentucky Derby, The Preakness and is on his way to the Belmont Stakes. If this amazng creature wins the Belmont, then he will be the first horse in 12 years to take home a prized Triple Crown win!The good news is that the suspension will happen after July 1, 2012 which allows O'Neill to focus on hs training of the Triple Crown contender.If you are placing bets on the Belmont, you might want take news like this into consideration when making them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clinternator