• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

I'm a little freaked out tonight ...

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
A guy that I hung out with for a week at Club Med Ixtapa almost 6 years ago was just convicted of killing both of his parents to pay off gambling debts related to being a professional poker player.He seemed like a real reasonable guy - and his girlfriend/fiance was an old friend of ours. fortunately, she was able to escape all of the drama before this went bad

Last edited by a moderator:

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
Wow! So PSP, did he ask you to play a few hands of poker while you all hung out? I guess if he had his sharp instrument laying on the table in front of you all, you would have gotten a clue?   Seriously though, how can someone do that to their own parents? I can't imagine being that damn desperate. And why didn't he just do what Mr Xu did and go jump off of a cruise ship to rid himself of his gambling debt instead of taking other lives. What a COWARD!!!https://www.nodepositforum.com/forum.spark?aBID=89469&p=3&topicID=38484694 

omeg

WOW.....
confuse.gif
That is creepy to know someone who was capable of that huh?  Desperation is a terrible thing, and to take your own parents lives because your ship is sinking is a terrible  awful thing. I have a hard time understanding things like this.  It will just never make sense to me to do something so horrible to anyone regardless of the situation.COWARD is right.                                                                                    Pam 

PSP

The story of this is going to be featured on Dateline NBC this Friday at 10PM - here's the preview:http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032600/vp/44990319#44990319

PSP

(As they say, check your local listings for the time near you ...)

Mben

Staff member
Got it set in my phone to remind me for Friday night. Thanks! 10 PM EST9 PM CST7 PM MST (me)7 PM PST (you)

PSP

I was in the process of changing close to cerca when it decided to load by itself

Mben

Staff member
Then what the heck does 10/9C mean? 10/9CENTRAL, right? So if I am 2 hours behind Central time, that would make it 7 PM for me.
confuse.gif
 That confuses the crap outta me.Anyway, I checked my local NBC channel's website and it is 9 PM my time. Phone appt has been changed!I remember one time the ex's daughter asked him ... Dad, what are we doing at 9, 8 central? She had wanted to watch a show and wanted to make sure we would be home for her to do so. lol

PSP

It's strictly 10PM except for weird place like the AZ :thumb: