• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Imagine a "bitchin" concert over 50 years ago...

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
(I think that I've told this before, so forgive me if you've heard/seen it before) Back in the day (very early 70s), Dennis Wilson was renting a house on Broadbeach Road in Malibu. My lifeguard tower was on a private beach at the North end of Zuma Beach - the first one that you would encounter walking South from Broadbeach. Dennis spent most of one summer hanging out at my lifeguard tower. Granted, he was stoned out of his mind about 99% of the time, but still kind of interesting. Anyone who recognized him as a charter member of the Beach Boys was immediately cut out of any of the conversations. He really only wanted to talk surfing - and occasionally catamaran sailing since I had a Hobie Cat behind the lifeguard tower. He told us a little about his sailboat in Marina Del Rey (about 30 miles South), but never an invitation to go sailing or anything else.

He was a little gun-shy talking to anyone after his encounters with Charlie Manson - it was a very "interesting" time... :surprise:

Reactions: PMM and Mben

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
(I think that I've told this before, so forgive me if you've heard/seen it before) Back in the day (very early 70s), Dennis Wilson was renting a house on Broadbeach Road in Malibu. My lifeguard tower was on a private beach at the North end of Zuma Beach - the first one that you would encounter walking South from Broadbeach. Dennis spent most of one summer hanging out at my lifeguard tower. Granted, he was stoned out of his mind about 99% of the time, but still kind of interesting. Anyone who recognized him as a charter member of the Beach Boys was immediately cut out of any of the conversations. He really only wanted to talk surfing - and occasionally catamaran sailing since I had a Hobie Cat behind the lifeguard tower. He told us a little about his sailboat in Marina Del Rey (about 30 miles South), but never an invitation to go sailing or anything else.

He was a little gun-shy talking to anyone after his encounters with Charlie Manson - it was a very "interesting" time... :surprise:
That's so cool. PSP. Awesome memories. :)

Reactions: PMM

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
OK, so I was trolling Youtube for some more original Beach Boy stuff when I came upon this version of one of their songs - and was totally blown away!
I hope that you like it as much as I did...

Reactions: PMM and Mben

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
OK, so I was trolling Youtube for some more original Beach Boy stuff when I came upon this version of one of their songs - and was totally blown away!
I hope that you like it as much as I did...

Loved it! Thanks for finding that one. :)

Reactions: PMM