• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Just need to vent ..

nicomeit

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Just need to vent and where better than to a bunch of strangers. :)

So here goes ... I work my butt off for everything I have. Nothing was ever handed to me in life. I raised my self as my parents did their own thing so I learned to do my own thing too. My niece, who means the world to me has been through more than any 13 year old girl should have to go through (witnessing her step dad passing away, her mother taking off, being separated from her little sister, just to name a few). Yet she still has such a bright spirit and pushes on everyday with the Biggest most beautiful smile, only feeling sorry for the the ones that are missing out on "the most awesome girl ever," rather than herself for her tough times. She is so special I can not explain in words. For her birthday/Christmas present she wanted nothing more than an iphone 5. She didn't expect it and only brought up the idea of how cool it would be if she had one rather than ask as she knew the cost of them was outrageous and didn't want to burden anyone with a silly possession she could live without.

Well I worked overtime and busted my butt to get her an iphone 5 because she deserved it. I was able to save up enough to buy a used one as the 600 price for a new one was simply unreachable. I bought her a prepaid phone card for the month and made a homemade cake and boy was I excited to give it to her.

She was SO excited. She started to cry and said its really mine, really. 5 minutes later the screen on it went black. Can you believe the place I bought it says sorry you bought it as is no refunds and just like that, it became a paper weight. I explained how heartbroken she was and that it had to have been an issue the phone already had because I noticed the screws in the bottom of the phone were not in there and was told too bad.

How can people be so cruel. I worked so hard for that phone and I told him all about my niece and how excited she would be. Now I have a 200 paper weight ... Thanks and Merry Christmas!!

Sorry if this isn't allowed here, I just needed to vent.

Reactions: Sookie

nicomeit

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Thanks for your reply krystalkitty. No they most certainly do not. I felt so bad and my niece told me not to worry because some things are out of our control and it was the thought that counted. She is such a little princess. :)

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I'm so very sorry for both you and your niece nicomeit, what a horrible experience for the both of you. People suck! I wish I read this and when I got to the end had a brilliant idea to fix it, but I do not.

As far as you worrying about your post being allowed here - this is the correct spot for such a post, you did it perfectly and are free to vent, I only wish I had a solution. Your niece sounds like a perfect angel, bless her heart.

Reactions: nicomeit

nicomeit

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
She is an amazing girl. She inspires me every single day to be the best person I can be to be a role model to her. She is going to do big things in life, that I am certain of.
Thanks for your reply Sookie!!

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
Im not sure I understand your response.

The first part was sarcasm - the second part was an offer of remote technical assistance.

Is the screen black because the battery is dead? Will the phone work if it is plugged into the charging cord? Most people don't know that iPhones are pretty easy to fix and the parts aren't expensive. Since it did work for a few minutes and then died, my guess is that the charging module died. I had to replace the charging module on my wife's iPhone 4 after she fell in our lake. The module was less than $10 and took about 15 minutes to install. Check out ebay for parts - most come with the tools required to do the repair. Youtube has a ton of videos with step by step instructions showing exactly how to do it.

Reactions: nicomeit and Sookie

nicomeit

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
No the screen lights up to a blue color. For what I am told by friends, it is more than likely the logic board. Thanks for your knowledge PSP! :) Appreciate it greatly.

PMM

I am sorry this happened to you nicomeit. It was a terrible thing. You are in my prayers as well as your darling niece for a solution to this situation. Lord knows if I had the money....I would buy a new one for you to give to your niece. Alas, I am a poor person.

Don't lose faith in people because of this. Generally, peoples hearts are good.

nicomeit

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Thank you very much for your kind words PMM!! Very much appreciated and I hope you have a blessed day. :) Thanks to everyone for listening to me vent.

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
What a huge and loving heart you have, nicomeit! And your niece sounds like an angel! I am so sorry this happened to you and her. Neither one of you deserved it.

After googling, I found this with replies saying it worked for them. I am not saying it will work for you nor that you didn't come across it yourself. I just wanted to help contribute to get the phone working if possible.

I had exactly the same problem about 3 hours ago. Here is the way I resolved the problem (by entering DFU Mode):
  1. Hold the Power button for 3 seconds
  2. Hold the Home button without releasing the Power button for 10 seconds
  3. Then the Apple Logo appears, and everything works as usual

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
Use recovery mode
Recovery mode erases your device and restores it, which should resolve the issue. If you previously synced with iTunes or iCloud, you may be able to restore from your backup after recovery.

1. Turn off your device. If you can't turn it off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time and wait a few seconds for it to turn off.
  2. Plug the device's USB cable into your computer only.
  3. Hold down the device's Home button as you connect the USB cable to it.
  4. When you see the Connect to iTunes screen, release the Home button. If you don't see this screen, try steps 1 through 3 one more time.

nicomeit

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Thanks so much Mben for your ideas. Greatly appreciated. I guess it needs a new screen. To make matters worse, the phone card I bought for her with it was suppose to be suspended until we got a new phone and Straight Talk changed their minds so I spent $45.00 on that for nothing. Oh bummer. Well it is what it is. Some things in life just aren't fair I suppose!