• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Lest we(I)take ourselves too seriously

Mikey7a

PHINSFAN NUMERO UNO
I got my new printer delivered last week in August. I finally decide to get off my lazy butt to set it up on Labor Day. OK, I uncrated the new one, because well it's new and you know. I get it all pulled out, then go to remove the 10-year-old HP Scanner/printer/copier, and clean out and up the bookcase thing it rested on. I carry it across my apt. living room and set it down, assuming I moved it far enough out of the way. I proceed to make 4 trips to the kitchen trash receptacle and back no problem right? Well no not exactly. On the last trip to the kitchen, I veer a little too far right, and not stub the old printer, no not me. I literally came down on it with the ball of my right foot, and go ass over tea kettle to the floor. Now you might not think that this was particularly funny, but that's because you didn't know I go an easy 250 lbs. I bounced like a rubber ball, eventually landing flat of my back. At first, I was in pain, but then realizing what had actually occurred, I burst into tears of laughter, and just laid there for the next ten minutes. Anyway, I'm just starting to feel better today. Ahh, isn't senior life grand?? :nono::biglol:

Reactions: Mben and dji420

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
Oh no ... but :biglol:

Have you ordered your "Help, I've fallen, and I can't get up" alert device yet? :lol:

All joking aside, I see old people stuff happening to me in the near future. After sleeping on various beds during my recent vacation, my lower back is all screwed up. I can barely sit at my PC right now. Remember the days of being able to crash on any bed or couch, or (floor if you had a few too many lol), and being able to jump right up and do it all over again? Those were the good old days. Kind of sucks your mind thinks you are still a kid, but your body reminds you that you are not.

Reactions: Mikey7a and dji420

Mikey7a

PHINSFAN NUMERO UNO
No, it doesn't kinda, it sucks totally! Being a 2 Letter athlete, then a Marine, I curse this old body every day now lol. Yeah, I had to tell somebody., thought it was a funny enough story to get a few laughs. Nothing was broken or dislocated, but I have that terrible lower back thing, That's what had me down for over a week.

Reactions: dji420 and Mben

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
... but I have that terrible lower back thing, That's what had me down for over a week.
Well, get better soon!

I don't want to beat you when we meet up on the field just because you have a "thing". I'm gonna beat you because I'm the better team!
laugh.gif

Reactions: dji420