• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

My family is still in desperate need , please say some prayers for us.

peteyweestro

FANTASY FOOTBALL GUY
Well friends, things have gotten worse for us if you can even believe it. My unemployment benefits officially ran out at the end of August and then my food stamps were taken away because they said i made too much on my unemployment. Go figure a family of 5 getting $480 every 2 weeks is too much money. So i am fighting to get my food stamps back but other than that it is a disaster and with the holidays coming it is very sad time indeed. I may or may not set up a donation site again in case anyone gets lead to help a family during the holidays but at least some prayers will help i believe. Even though i am a medical biller by trade i have even applied to work for Toy's r us as seasonal help and they rejected me so it is unbelievable to me that i can't even get hired at places like that where i have applied.

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I remember needing a job so badly once so I applied at "Hot Dog On A Stick" at the mall. They wouldn't hire me and said it was because I was overqualified. I could hardly believe it, they said they just wanted a high school kid to hire that they wouldn't have to worry about leaving. I tried to explain to them that I was better than a high school kid because I needed the job so badly they didn't have to worry about me leaving. Very frustrating.

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
You and your family will be in my prayers, petey.

The holidays are supposed to be happy times but for many, they are nothing but a burden. There were years where I just wanted the holidays to go away.

Hang in there, friend.

Reactions: Sookie

PMM

Prayers are sent your way friend. This time of year, makes it the most difficult when we are financially strapped. It is supposed to be a time of joy and fun, but for many of us, it brings misery knowing we cannot afford the smallest of needs.

Keep plugging away looking for that job. Any job at this point would be a God send.

Is there any news for a extension in your unemployment benefits? I know sometimes they extend them. I'll pray for that for you, and many others I can imagine.

Are you a member of a church in your area? When I was in awful need, churches were a big help. Also Salvation Army if they have one in your area. They help with bills and food.

I am just grasping at straws, I feel so much anxiety for you and your situation. Please hang in there, and I hope this terrible situation goes away soon. Good Luck.

Try to focus on the true meaning of the Holidays. Family, Faith, and Love.