• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

New Forum Features!

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
First ... thank you all so much for your patience as we upgraded to the new forum software. There might be little bugs we still need to work out here and there, but for the most part, we are done with the upgrade.

If you do find something that is just not right, please post them here, and we will take care of it. Things like posting issues, navigation issues, uploading issues, avatar issues, etc.

So here are some new features I have come across.

If you find new ones that you really like, post them here, so we can all enjoy them!

From my chatbox messages ...

Hey guys & gals, hover over the "like" button on a post, and you get Facebook like reactions! How cool is that?!?!? :clap:

And, and ... Highlight any text in a post, and you get a little "reply" option on it. Click it and in a reply box, it quotes only that text! :maddance: (As you can tell, I am easily impressed. But these new features are cool!!!)

Also, there is now sound when a new chat message is posted, as well as a flashing browser tab when a new message is posted saying "Chat: New Message" (You must allow notifications when asked.)

You can now format your chat messages with bold, italic, and color. Coloring your messages was always an option though.

FYI's

The right sidebar which inclludes the chatbox will not appear on all pages of the forum.
We are looking into animated avatars. Stay tuned for that.
When on the 'What's New' page, look in the bottom right corner for the 'View More' button. Click it, and you'll get a whole page of recent posts as you did before. https://www.nodepositforum.com/forum/whats-new/

That's all I have for now. Enjoy your new forum! :roll:

Mben

Staff member
To view your chat messages count, do this ...

Click the 3 bar menu option at the top of the chat box.

Choose 'View Top Chatters'.

And voila!

(Yes, it does matter to some people where their chat numbers stand because they are a chatty Kathy in the chatbox. :lol: )

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
To view your chat messages count, do this ...

Click the 3 bar menu option at the top of the chat box.

Choose 'View Top Chatters'.

And voila!

(Yes, it does matter to some people where their chat numbers stand because they are a chatty Kathy in the chatbox. :lol: )

HEY! I'm in here looking at this!

For the record, the "View Top Chatters" doesn't show up when I click on Shoutbox Options. The only two listings I get are Open in Popout and Log out

• Haha
Reactions: Mben

Mben

Staff member

Attachments

• chatbox.png
    chatbox.png
    289.2 KB · Views: 308

Mben

Staff member
I have been running across broken animated smilies and have been replacing them. If you had a favorite, it might have been replaced. :surprise:

Like that one. It used to be the shaking, swirling 'huh' smilie.

The tapping shoes smilie is now :shoes:.