1. Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration
    Dismiss Notice

Closed NO DEPOSIT FORUM FREE TO ENTER '50TH ANNIVERSARY MOON LANDING' CONTEST - $50 PRIZE - CLOSES 7-23-19

Discussion in 'FREE CONTESTS - NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED!' started by Mben, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Mben

Mben No Deposit Forum Administrator Staff Member

No Deposit Forum Free-To-Enter-Lunar-Landing-50th-Anniversary-Contest-7-23-19.gif
    dji420 and robsspot3131 like this.
  2. PSP

PSP Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds

Looks great!

:thumb:
    robsspot3131 and Mben like this.
  3. PSP

... and, for the record, the movie "Space Cowboys" was a movie and never actually happened. The character William "Hawk" Hawkins didn't exist - he never really made it to the moon
    :surprise:
  4. Leslie Bitenieks

Leslie Bitenieks NEW MEMBER

24. 1371
    Mben likes this.
  5. Mben

Woo hoo! Thanks for the lift off, Leslie! :maddance:
    robsspot3131 likes this.
  6. herlis

herlis WELL KNOWN MEMBER

Thank You!
    Mben likes this.
  7. grrr1980

grrr1980 WELL KNOWN MEMBER

24 0531
    Mben likes this.
  8. danbury1296

danbury1296 WELL KNOWN MEMBER

"24" 50 years already! I remember it like it was yesterday. (i was born on 7/20.) The 1296 moon landing interrupted my 8th birthday party! How dare they! :mad:
  9. slotgal47

slotgal47 WELL KNOWN MEMBER

Mben likes this.
  10. Mben

Thanks for all the entries! :roll:
    robsspot3131 likes this.
  11. jumboscampi

jumboscampi WELL KNOWN MEMBER

12 walked on the moon and 12 landed without walking.
    24 total!
  12. PSP

Say what?!?!?

You mean that they landed on the moon, but didn't go outside? That would be a big NO!

Of course, I'm not an official judge on this contest (even if I suggested the question :thumb:) - just commenting on the second half of your answer....
  13. PSP

For a bonus of absolutely nothing (since I know that you are all looking this up on Google anyway and probably not old enough to remember it when it happened - if you were even born yet), how many total missions were there to the moon? How many of the astronauts could you name without having to use Google?

On a side note - several years ago, I was on one of my cross-coastal gigs. A co-worker had a very unique last name - Roosa. She was flabbergasted that anyone actually recognized her last name as one of the Apollo astronauts to travel to the moon - Stu Roosa, the Command Module pilot for Apollo 14. She was the granddaughter - didn't have much interaction with him since he died from cancer in 1994.
  14. stallions

stallions WELL KNOWN MEMBER

24 ….4574 yes we really did go to the moon
  15. Mben

Prove it! bahaha!

I don't really disbelieve we went to the moon, but I got caught up in the conspiracy back in the day.

I will say though, when making the graphic for this contest, I had to search for pictures, and all I could do is ask myself all over again was "Where are the shadows? Why are there some shadows and not other shadows?"

You know what they say. "A picture is worth a thousand words."
    robsspot3131 likes this.
  16. PSP

Okie Dokie - so this should be worth about 6,000 words! Normally I would shrink this too fit the website, but bigger is better!
    Apollo_montage-v2.jpg
  17. Mben

They missed pointing out one of the blurry blobs/dots in the Apollo 11 pic. I fixed it!

moon 1.jpg

(I'm just messing with ya'll! :lol:)
    robsspot3131 likes this.
  18. PSP

Happy 50th Moon Landing Anniversary!
  19. PSP

Even if you weren't born yet, you need to watch the documentary coverage of this monumental event in human history. This was one of the great "First"s - and it happened in many of our lifetimes...
  20. Mben

I told my daughter what today was and she says "It's only been 50 years?!" I was 4 when it happened. Knowing I was alive when this major "first" happened makes me feel really old. I don't know why, but it does. Kind of like how I perceive people (as old) who were alive when color TV was first introduced. (And after searching that, I see it was around my birth year here in the USA. I'm old. lol)

Did you see the movie 'First Man' with Gosling?
    robsspot3131 likes this.
  21. PSP

No. I'm not sure that I will approve of their rendition. For now, I am sticking with the real deal...
  22. helwin

helwin WELL KNOWN MEMBER

Here's "... to the moon Alice... 24? Do the chimps count?

'
  23. jumboscampi

My dad woke me up to watch them land on the moon! Just he and I, I was 8. Nice memory!
  24. PSP

Sure! Count all of the chimps who went to the moon! (That number would be exactly ZERO, but don't let me influence your guess! :brian:)
  25. jumboscampi

I guess I meant that 12 walked on the moon while 12 others flew there in the mission but didn't actually walk on it.
    That is a total of 24 but that is also the breakdown of it.

Just wanted to be as clear as possible on my answer I guess. I overthink EVERYTHING you know?! LOL
  26. Mben

Our 'Free to Enter' Moon Landing contest closes tomorrow at 12:30 PM EDT tomorrow.

Get entered while you can!
    robsspot3131 likes this.
  27. Calig116

Calig116 MEMBER

thx!
    Mben likes this.
  28. PSP

I'm still waiting for robsspot3131 to answer so I can go TPIR on him!
  29. robsspot3131

robsspot3131 WELL KNOWN MEMBER

Bob Barker is a 100 year old stud!
    Mben likes this.
  30. robsspot3131

robsspot3131 WELL KNOWN MEMBER

I assume that if you know what I do, then you're bound to have a pretty good idea of where my number is gonna be... :question::surprise::question:
    Mben likes this.