• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

NO DEPOSIT FORUM MIGRATION UPDATE

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys and gals!

Many of you are wondering what the heck is going on around here, well here's what happened and what's going to happen.

Basically we moved our forum from one server to another. Two totally different companies. The reason why we moved it is because we have a brand new gambling portal and needed our forum to be connected to it. The software that our forum uses is not the easiest to use when it comes to moving forums. That is why there was a week of downtime. Downtime we did not like, but had no control over.

There are issues with the forum move currently. Those mainly being a lot of our banners and pictures did not copy over with the move. The techs are working on that right now and hopefully bring all of our banners and pictures back. If not, the staff here has a whole lot of work ahead.

The second main issue is that our Shoutbox is not working. They are working on that as well. I love the Shoutbox and feel lost without it. No worries though, it will be back. Soon I hope. (As I was writing this post, what appeared? Our Shoutbox! :biggrin: )

So we have a new gambling site! The site combined our fearless leader, Belgamo's, sites into one state of the art gambling website. The new website name and url are one we hold near and dear to our hearts, that being No Deposit Forum ... www.nodepositforum.com. So if that's the url to our new site, what's the url to the forum, you ask? It is now https://www.nodepositforum.com/forum/. You can change your bookmarks to this new url.

If you want to access our new site on a daily basis, you can leave your bookmarks. There are links on the new site to the forum. So fear not, you will always have a way to get back to the forum.

That brings up another issue. Clicking on the either of the "home" menu buttons in the top left of the forum, takes you to the new website. They do not take you to the main or front page of the forum like they used to. Clicking "forums" or the top NDF header banner takes you to the front page of the forum. We will re-word "home" so you know clicking it will take you to the new site.

We will have a FREE TO ENTER contest to celebrate the launch of the new site. That will be posted hopefully in a week or two. I want our new site to be preemo before we announce a formal launch of it.

Thank you all for your patience during our move. We are now in our cozy new home and just need to tidy up a bit (here and on the new site) and play some catch up.

That's the haps. Now let's get back to what we love best ..... gambling!

thank you 1.jpg

No Deposit Forum portal - www.nodepositforum.com
No Deposit Forum forum - www.nodepositforum.com/forum

I need give a shout out to to the main tech I have been working with. Thank you! :clap: He was not given an easy task. There were many times where frustration was ever present. He worked through it and so did I. And we will continue working until everything is perfect.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stentake and PMM

Mben

Staff member
Feel free to use this thread to alert us to anything you come across that is not right with the forum. Thanks!

Reactions: Stentake and PMM

Mben

Staff member
There are issues with the forum move currently. Those mainly being a lot of our banners and pictures did not copy over with the move. The techs are working on that right now and hopefully bring all of our banners and pictures back. If not, the staff here has a whole lot of work ahead.

We will have a FREE TO ENTER contest to celebrate the launch of the new site. That will be posted hopefully in a week or two. I want our new site to be preemo before we announce a formal launch of it.

No Deposit Forum portal - www.nodepositforum.com
No Deposit Forum forum - www.nodepositforum.com/forum
Cleanup Update:

My main concern at this point is that banners and pictures are not back yet. Many posts throughout the forum are still missing those items. Some posts have been corrected recently either by the tech working in the backend uploading image databases, or by Pam and myself manually adding banners in.

I cannot stand our posts looking as they do with missing banners as I am sure it does not look very nice to you all either. I am not happy that even our archived forum posts may have missing banners and pictures. They may be expired and years old, but the OCD in me is raging! lol We are working hard to make it all pretty again.

With that said, I've not had time to spend on the new site, which means "preemo" is on hold for the moment. No "preemo" means no new site launch free to enter contest. We will have one, but later than I anticipated.

Those are the happenings that I think would concern you directly. There's a lot more, but no need to share all that techie stuff.

Again ... THANK YOU for your patience while we continue with our cleanup!

Reactions: PMM

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
Yeah, like we are supposed to believe any of this! :no:

OK, well I know just how hard you worked to make this happen - and how much grief that they have put you through!

I am amazed that the website is as together as it is. The nerdie tech pendejos have not been anywhere near as cooperative as they should have been - but what else is new? :roll:

Major kudos for everything you've done!

Reactions: PMM and Mben

GenReG

Some errors with image upload, but I'm not sure that is the problem with your forum)
everything else it's good !
Congrat u with your new website
I hope your traffic will increase, and all parameters will get up to)

Reactions: PMM and Mben

Mben

Staff member
Some errors with image upload, but I'm not sure that is the problem with your forum)
everything else it's good !
Congrat u with your new website
I hope your traffic will increase, and all parameters will get up to)
What errors are you getting when trying to upload images? Can you give me the details such as what browser you are using, are you attempting to upload from the quick reply box, etc.
Thanks!

GenReG

What errors are you getting when trying to upload images? Can you give me the details such as what browser you are using, are you attempting to upload from the quick reply box, etc.
Thanks!
I uploaded avatar image, and stuck with firefoxm the form for image uploading didn't open.
The I change browser to chrome and done it.
I think this is the problem of displaying in different browsers
no thanks

Reactions: Mben

Mben

Staff member
I uploaded avatar image, and stuck with firefoxm the form for image uploading didn't open.
The I change browser to chrome and done it.
I think this is the problem of displaying in different browsers
no thanks
I was having problems uploading images on the forum while in Firefox due to Shockwave. Firefox does not support Shockwave anymore and hasn't for a while now. Uploading images on the forum was working even though they quit supporting it ... until one day it just broke.

What I had to do was disable or choose"never activate" the Shockwave addon in Firefox. That took care of my upload issue on the forum. But it caused problems on other sites. They kept telling me to install Adobe Flash. So then I would go back into the addons choose to "always activate" Shockwave. Then those sites loaded correctly.

That became a pain. So I did this and have not had to go back into the addons since for this reason.

I chose to "never activate" Shockwave and then on individual sites I went to that needed it, I chose to remember that site with "always activate". That took care of my issue.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

With that said, I just went into the FF addons to verify my settings and I see that "always activate" is set. That's weird because my image uploads on the forum still work. I did send this issue to our forum tech guys a couple of weeks ago. Maybe they fixed it? Maybe it got fixed with yet another forum software update that Xenforo, the forum software provider, pushed. I don't know. All I know is that uploading images while in Firefox with Shockwave activated is working again.