• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Our yearly backyard visitors

nikkidog

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
While working in the yard today, getting the pool ready to open, we were visited by our friends who show up about the same time every year. They stayed for a while took a little dip in the pool cover, ate some bread we gave them and then were off on their way.

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
How awesome that they come around every year, nikki! :roll:The only animals that come around my apartment door are the stray cats. lol And no, I didn't feed them. Their looking for my cat, I guess.

omeg

Ohhh, I just love visits from wildlife, and that pair is adorable.  Do you know they mate for life?  Isn't that something?If they happen to show back up again, you may find their nest very close. :roll: That would be amazing, but not likely I guess.  Wishful thinking.Thanks so much for sharing these pics. I enjoyed them so much.                                                                          Pam

nikkidog

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
They look like the same two that come every year. There is a big pond not too far from us in the country, and that is where alot of them are, so I think that is where they come from. They must see the water on the pool cover and decide to come over for a dip. We were right out there, and they were not afraid of us. I told by husband not to get too close when he was taking the pictures, but that did not even bother them. Even when we put the bread out there, they stayed.  Now we won't see them again until next year.

omeg

Well seeing them is wonderful, even once a year. :roll:                                                      Pam

becksfun

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
download.spark
Us too!!  Although they don't stick around long thanks to our dog Scooby!!  But they do return several times to give it another shot!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
Your two look like nikki's two. They are making the rounds! lol I know they are not the same cute couple ;)