• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

POLITICAL POST

K

krystalkitty

This site is NOT affliated with any party.  I am so not up on things, so I subscribe. Very interesting. I never know who or what to believe so this helps me. Maybe it will you too.We checked the accuracy of McCains speech accepting the Republican nomination and noted the following: McCain claimed that Obamas health care plan would force small businesses to cut jobs and would put a bureaucrat ... between you and your doctor. In fact, the plan exempts small businesses, and those who have insurance now could keep the coverage they have. McCain attacked Obama for voting for corporate welfare for oil companies. In fact, the bill Obama voted for raised taxes on oil companies by $300 million over 11 years while providing $5.8 billion in subsidies for renewable energy, energy efficiency and alternative fuels . McCain said oil imports send $700 billion a year to countries that don't like us very much. But the U.S. is on track to import a total of only $536 billion worth of oil at current prices, and close to a third of that comes from Canada, Mexico and the United Kingdom . He promised to increase use of wind, tide [and] solar energy, though his actual energy plan contains no new money for renewable energy . He has said elsewhere that renewable sources wont produce as much as people think. He called for reducing government spending and getting rid of failed programs, but as in the past failed to cite a single program that he would eliminate or reduce. He said Obama would close markets to trade. In fact, Obama, though he once said he wanted to renegotiate the North American Free Trade Agreement , now says he simply wants to try to strengthen environmental and labor provisions in it. -- Edited by krystalkitty at 19:07, 2008-09-05

Last edited by a moderator:

whiskey

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quvBbcFDPI0" title="A True American">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quvBbcFDPI0</a>
smile.gif

whiskey

RE: POLITICAL POST 143 days experience... what do you qualify for?

143 days experience... what do you qualify for? <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> The first time I read this quote, I thought it was dangerously true. Then I really started pondering it and thought how would this apply to our own lives/careers?   Let's look at it again to see how absurd it is. <blockquote style="border-style:none none none solid;border-color:#0000FF;border-width:medium medium medium 1.5pt;padding:0in 0in 0in 4pt;margin-bottom:5pt;margin-left:3.75pt;"> <ul type="disc"><li class="EC_EC_MsoNormal" style="color:#000000;">You couldn't get a job at McDonalds and become district manager  after 143 days of experience. <li class="EC_EC_MsoNormal" style="color:#000000;">You couldn't  become chief of surgery after 143 days of experience of being a surgeon. <li class="EC_EC_MsoNormal" style="color:#000000;">You couldn't get a job as a teacher and be the superintendent after 143 days of experience. <li class="EC_EC_MsoNormal" style="color:#000000;">You couldn't  join the military and become a colonel  after a 143 days of experience. <li class="EC_EC_MsoNormal" style="color:#000000;">You couldn't get a job as a reporter and become the nightly news anchor  after 143 days of experience.  BUT.....  <ul type="disc"><li class="EC_EC_MsoNormal" style="color:#000000;">'From the time Barack Obama was sworn in as a United State Senator , to the time he announced he was forming a Presidential exploratory committee , he logged 143 days of experience in the Senate. <li class="EC_EC_MsoNormal" style="color:#000000;">That's how many days the Senate was actually in session and working.   <li class="EC_EC_MsoNormal" style="color:#000000;">After 143 days of work experience , Obama believed he was ready to be Commander In Chief, Leader of the Free World , and fill the shoes of Abraham Lincoln , FDR , JFK and Ronald Reagan . 143 days? We all have to start somewhere. The senate is a good start, but after 143 days, that's all it is -  a start.   AND, strangely, a large sector of the American public seems to feel comfortable with this and campaigning for him. [/QUOTE]   We wouldn't accept this in our own line of work, yet some are OK with this for the President of the  United States of America ?    Come on folks, we are not voting for the next American Idol . I would not cast my vote for Barack,even if he was repulbican ,or for anyone based on the fact that they would legalize online gambling! I LOVE MY COUNTRY TOO MUCH!!!!!!
smile.gif

kcitat63

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I love my country too, however, I do not think this country can survive 4 more years of bush and lately I am beginning to think that is what we will get with MCain. I used to like him when he stood his ground and didn't try to buy into the staunch republican ways. Now, he has a vice president candidate that his wife doesn't even agree with. The scariest thing is that if he is elected she could be president. To me abortion is a personal matter and the government should not be involved. I spent 20 years as a social worker and saw so many unwanted, abused, and disabled children due to their parents substance abuse that I cannot even think about Roe vs Wade being overturned. I cannot even imagine how many young girls and women would die if roe vs wade was overturned. Sarah Palin even goes as far as saying that abortion would not be legal for a woman who was raped or who was a victim of incest. This is completely too far right for me. My husband's sister was raped in the 60's as a young teenager, became pregnant and was forced to give birth and then give the baby up for adoption because she was only 15. She has never really recovered from this and always wonders what happened to that child. Maybe I am a crazy Californian, but I liked John Mcain better when he was a maverick and a middle of the road republican. No offense to any Mcain supporters, but I will have to cast my vote for Obama.

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
kcitat63 wrote:  No offense to any Mcain supporters, but I will have to cast my vote for Obama.
 kcitat63,That's what I love about this forum! We are able to speak our minds and put our opinions out there! Thanks for posting your thoughts because I love reading what our members think about what's in store for the good ole USA!

K

krystalkitty

kcitat63....Thanks for sharing!! Not sure who I will vote for, but certainly not **** ***** roflmao

kcitat63

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Thank you everyone, I like to hear what people are saying too. Funny thing, my husband is ex army and a die hard republican.....you can imagine the discussions around here lol. He even bought a singing Mcain doll and I made so much of a fuss he bought me a Obama doll.....lol. He wants a Sara Palin doll, but I draw the line there. I can barely stand listening to her on TV lol. I know that the doll would end up being my alarm clock....LMAO