• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Powerball Winner Is Still A Mystery

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
The search is on in Zephyrhills, Fla., for the lucky person who entered a Publix supermarket in recent days and purchased the winning Powerball ticket worth $590.5 million.Today is the earliest the ticketholder can come forward because Florida's lottery headquarters in Tallahassee were closed for the weekend. Under state law, the winner's name, age and hometown will be made public after turning in the winning ticket.The winner will have to decide whether to take the annuity or a lump sum, which comes out to $370,896,780.54. The lottery withholds 25 percent to pay federal taxes, but there's no state tax in the Sunshine State, which means someone is going to walk away with about $278 million after taxes.If the winner or winners decide to receive the lump sum, they must claim the cash 60 days after the drawing, according to Florida lottery laws. The winner(s) can claim the prize 180 days after the drawing if they take the winnings in installments. I can't believe it. It's shocking, Sara Jeltis told ABC News Radio. Out of the whole country, this Publix in little Zephyrhills would be the winner. <a href="http://abcnews.go.com/US/powerball-winner-mystery-zephyrhills-fla-residents/story?id=19214224#.UZpuNrW1HDw" >source</a> 

omeg

$$$$$I really dont know what I would do if I won that sort of money.OKay.....YES I do......Shop, Shop, shop, charities, family gifts, gifts to friends, Neices and Nephews college educations, drive me a bad ass car, buy me a mean ass boat, buy me a nice mansion somewhere in the mountains etc etcAnd after all that, I would still have millions left. heheOh, I think we all love to dream about it.Whoever the winner is......I hope they can handle the enourmous new found wealth and all its pressures. You hear so many winners being broke in a few years. 

Mben

Staff member
Has this winner come forward yet? I can't find anything saying they have.

omeg

I have not heard that they have come forward.
confuse.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

sashasmom

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
As I understand it there wasn't a winner. A ticket was purchased Saturday at 10:15 and the cutoff time is 10 the poor unfortunate person got all the numbers but the date was for the following week's drawing. He has a lawyer and trying to force the lottery commision to pay him.

Mben

Staff member
sashasmom wrote: As I understand it there wasn't a winner. A ticket was purchased Saturday at 10:15 and the cutoff time is 10 the poor unfortunate person got all the numbers but the date was for the following week's drawing. He has a lawyer and trying to force the lottery commision to pay him.
OMG! Really? I'm gonna have to find that story! 

Mben

Staff member
After thinking about that for a second, there had to be one winner of the $600 million jackpot because the computer system would have only had the tickets up to when the cut off time was. And there was a winner announced. Did the system screw up? I can't see that happening. There may have been another person who tried to claim it but their ticket was sold after the cut off which made their ticket good for the next drawing.