• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Spaghetti & Meatballs Recipe

givennsz

BINGO MOMMA
This recipe has been in my family for many many years. It is the best spaghetti and meatballs you will ever eat. I am not good with the measurements as I just eyeball it as I am adding ingredients. :)Meatballs:ground beef - depending on how many meatballs you want I usually use about 2 pounds2 eggsonion- dicedgreen pepper- dicedsalt about a tea spoonpepper same as saltcracker or bread crumbsmix all above ingredients and make the meatballs as big as you would like.Add a little vegetable oil or olive oil to your skillet and brown the meatballs. Set aside for a bit.Spaghetti Sauce:I use 3 to 4 cans of tomato sauce1 can tomato paste the medium sizesalt- depends on your tasting about 1 teaspoon if not more I use sea salt by the waypepper- same as saltsugar- about 1 -2 teaspoonsput the tomato sauce and paste in a nice size pot on simmer.They key to the sauce:eek:ne whole onion diced one whole green pepper dicedput both in a skillet with about 3 tablespoons of butter and brown till almost burnt make sure not all the way burnt.,, this is the key ingredient to making this sauce so yummy. When the onion and the green pepper are done scrape it to the pot where your tomato sauce is waiting. simmer for about 20 minutes stirring. make sure you taste to see if you need to add more salt, pepper or sugar. Add the meatballs, cover and cook for maybe an hour and a half. The longer this cooks all together the better it tastes. I made the mistake of adding my own ingredients before like oregano and no no it was not good at all lol. My mother tells me that this is Al Capone's recipe. This is by far the best homemade spaghetti and meatballs I have ever tasted in my entire 36 years of life. Hope you try it out and enjoy.

krystalkitty

Greedy Gambler
Sounds really yummy....Next time I go grocery shopping, will get the stuff....I always use Hunts LOL Never made home-made......

givennsz

BINGO MOMMA
If you have any questions kitty when you make it, just let me know. I made a huge pot of it last night and it is all gone lol. That has never happened before. :)

tweety65

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
thanks for the recipe. i'm looking forward to making it !!! 

Last edited by a moderator:

lauralaten

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Very, very similar to my family recipe. Only we add some ground fennel to sauce about a teaspoon , which gives it the flavor of sausage. Fennel is the spice put in sausage. Thanks so much.

givennsz

BINGO MOMMA
thanks tweety and laura.... will definitely have to try the fennel sometime. I bet that gives it a little twist. :)