• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Stay Safe!

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
Hopefully those of you who live in the path of Frankenstorm are not here on the forum but are at the stores getting supplies and such for what they are saying is going to be a storm for the record books!My family just moved to Boston a couple of months ago, remember? I am on pins and needles. My brother has never lived through this kind of weather and I had to raise my voice a little with him today to make him realize the intensity of this storm. Hurricane Mben slammed him this morning with links to different weather sites, flood videos, etc. I'm not saying he's a moron. Just arrogant. Said the hype was BS and not to worry because he bought my dad floaties. Ugh!.My sister in law just assured me that they did buy a generator and tons of batteries. She's the level headed one. My brother is just the arrogant money maker. lol Please stay safe everyone! 

daremeto

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
i hope your family is safe Mben, and your brother doesn't get a lesson on the hard knocks of life. how close to the ocean are they in boston? i live on the west coast but have been listening to the weather conditions over on your side of the usa, if i lived there i would be heading for the hills now lol

millie54

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I live in Ocean County NJ where the storm is to make landfall, I am about 10min from the beach so I went down there at 3:00. The ocean is already rough and the waves are BIG. the bay is also really high up to the docks. The winds have started, from what I am seeing it s going to be very bad. If your in Sandys path please be safe.

Mben

Staff member
millie54 wrote: I live in Ocean County NJ where the storm is to make landfall, I am about 10min from the beach so I went down there at 3:00. The ocean is already rough and the waves are BIG. the bay is also really high up to the docks. The winds have started, from what I am seeing it s going to be very bad. If your in Sandys path please be safe.
Oh man, Millie! I watched a news report after Odumbo's special report just now 12:45 pm est and afterward they went to a reporter standing at ground zero in NJ and it looks like Sandy already hit but it hasn't yet!Hopefully you are on your way to a safe place by now. Please check back after the storm if you can to let us know all is well with you and your family. Thanks! 

Mben

Staff member
daremeto wrote: i hope your family is safe Mben, and your brother doesn't get a lesson on the hard knocks of life. how close to the ocean are they in boston? i live on the west coast but have been listening to the weather conditions over on your side of the usa, if i lived there i would be heading for the hills now lol
My family is in Natick, MA. Here's a map to show how close they are to Boston. I think what they might be affected by are power outages, not so much storm surge and such. Maybe some flooding. I don't know really. Also, I live in AZ. Physically, I am no where near this storm but my thoughts are all over that area now. 

Last edited by a moderator:

omeg

Hello all:Some of the nastiness of Storm Sandy has even reached my Michigan home.The winds are howling, and power is flickering on and off often. I live in central Michigan. Rainy with ice pellets are falling.My Brother and his family live in Detroit, and as of last night, their power was out.My oldest Sister who lives in Pennsylvania is also dealing with extremely high winds, rain, and power outages.Anyone who is dealing with this storm in any way, take it seriously, and stay stay safe.My thoughts go out to all who are on the East Coast.May Sandy weaken quickly, and end so people can go back to their homes and start the long process of clean-up.                                                                                                                                     Pam

millie54

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Hi all, we made it through Sandy better than most. We have some downed trees but none hit the house. Every block has trees down and some were not so lucky many tress hit houses and power lines. We have 2,2000,000 without power. But the worst is the water properties and the barrier island, I can't discribe the devistation, so very sad the distruction is incomprehensible. the street where my husbands business is has boats in the middle of it. We can't even get to some people to help. I hope all of you in Sandys path that can read this are ok.

Mben

Staff member
Millie, I am very glad to see you made it through unlike others in NY and NJ. The devastation is horrible. I've been looking at the pictures from all over where the storm hit and I am just shaking my head. So sad. Who would have thought 100 homes would burn to the ground from a rain storm . Pam, I was wondering what MI was going to get hit with as the storm moved west. Looks like you are affected too. My family is ok up in Boston. They had the power go out but it is back on now. No trees down on their property so I guess they can return the chainsaw they bought. There are fallen trees, road closures and power outages all through their town just west of Boston. Their sump pump sensor is not working though and they are fixing it right now. sump pump .... what in the world? I know what it is but it sounds like a foreign object to me being in dry AZ.

omeg

Hi Millie, I am so glad to see you on the board.I watch the news again this morning about the devistation and it is heartbreaking for those who have to deal with it.Even I here in Michigan have lost some roof shingles. This wind just wont let up.May God be with all the folks who have suffered in this storm. May they find strength and peace.                                                                                                        Pam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdamClarson