• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Strange and funny tombstones

daremeto

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Born 1903-Died 1942Looked up the elevator shaft to see if thecar was on the way down. It was. ****************************** In a Thurmont, Maryland, cemetery: Here lies an AtheistAll dressed upAnd no place to go. ****************************** In a London, England cemetery: Here lies Ann Mann,Who lived an old maidBut died an old Mann.Dec. 8, 1767 **************************** In a Ribbesford, England, cemetery: Anna Wallace:The children of Israel wanted bread,And the Lord sent them manna.Old clerk Wallace wanted a wife,And the Devil sent him Anna. ****************************** In a Ruidoso, New Mexico, cemetery: Here lies Johnny Yeast. .Pardon meFor not rising. ****************************** In a Uniontown, Pennsylvania, cemetery: Here lies the body of Jonathan Blake.Stepped on the gasInstead of the brake. ****************************** In a Silver City, Nevada, cemetery: Here lays The Kid.We planted him raw.He was quick on the triggerBut slow on the draw. **************************** A lawyer's epitaph in England: Sir John Strange. .Here lies an honest lawyer,And that is Strange. ***************************** John Penny's epitaph in the Wimborne, England, cemetery: Reader, if cash thou artIn want of any,Dig 6 feet deep;And thou wilt find a Penny. ***************************** In a cemetery in Hartscombe, England: On the 22nd of June,Jonathan FiddleWent out of tune. ***************************** Anna Hopewell's grave in Enosburg Falls,Vermont Here lies the body of our Anna -Done to death by a banana.It wasn't the fruit that laid her low,But the skin of the thing that made her go. ****************************** On a grave from the 1880s in Nantucket, Massachusetts: Under the sod and under the trees,Lies the body of Jonathan Pease.He is not here, there's only the pod.Pease shelled out and went to God ***************************** In a cemetery in England: Remember man, as you walk by,As you are now, so once was I.As I am now, you soon will be.Prepare yourself and follow me. To which someone replied by writing on the tombstone: To follow you I'll not consentUntil I know which way you went ****************************** Last add, from Boot Hill, in Tombstone, Arizona: Here lies Lester MooreOne slug from a 44No LesNo More

Last edited by a moderator:

piggy323

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I think the Anna Falls one with the Banana was the funniest. But others are pretty funny too. I can't believe these little riddles or jokes is to be made, but I must admit they are pretty memorable. Thanks for sharing this.

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
Very creative!Jonathan Fiddle died on my bday. :boohoo:This was in the front yard of a house where I was trick or treating with my grandson last yer. -- Edited by Mben on Sunday 16th of June 2013 12:51:15 PM

Last edited by a moderator:

omeg

I like the one about looking up the elevator shaft to see if the car was coming down.   It was. :lol: